Dad killed one

Randy

Since opening moring he has gone out on his back poarch and hooted to a bird which has been gobbling just down the creek. Some mornings he does not gobble so Dad goes and plays golf. Some mornings he answers so Dad chases him. Dad does not know how to call just goes and sets up like I have shown him and clucks a few times on his slate. Most mornings the hens have taken the gobbler away. One day last week the bird came in close but Dad was not ready for the shot and by the time he could shoot the bird had seen him and putted off. Well this morning Dad called to say the bird made a mistake.

Not a big bird. Had two beards but the longest one was only 5" and he had 1/2" spurs. Would have been a nice one next year. Just as well. He would have been so educated by the end of season he would have been unkillable by next year!!!

Last edited:

PWalls

Congrats to him. Persistence either pays off or educates the animal. Bet your Dad was happy either way.

sman

Two bears with him. Must have been bouncers to protect him. I don't think I could have shot a turkey with two bears.

J/K.

Congrats to your dad.

BPR

Since opening moring he has gone out on his back poarch and hooted to a bird which has been gobbling just down the creek. Some mornings he does not gobble so Dad goes and plays golf. Some mornings he answers so Dad chases him.

Sounds rough. :bounce:

Congrats. Glad your dad's persistance finally paid off.