Saw a bald eagle in Coweta co.

dominantpredator

Friday, I saw a bald eagle on our land in coweta co.. He (or she) was huge. It was a site to behold. So majestic. Definetly a bird Americans should be thrilled to be associated with.

H

HT2

Dom..........

Man, them thangs are purdy............

I've seen them on Lake Oconee a couple of times and they are really somethin'...........

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
There is a growing population upriver at West Point. I saw two last year that were a nesting pair. And this year I have saw two more farther upriver. One is building a nest in the cove next to our house. I saw it again this morning while turkey hunting. They are without a doubt one of the greatest animals around. It is great that they are making a comeback.

sowega hunter

I saw one yesterday in Early county. I have seen this one several times in the same area over the last few years. I also saw a golden eagle a little further up the road yesterday. This is the first one of these I've seen except on Lake Seminole.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Dustin Pate said:
There is a growing population upriver at West Point. I saw two last year that were a nesting pair. And this year I have saw two more farther upriver. One is building a nest in the cove next to our house. I saw it again this morning while turkey hunting. They are without a doubt one of the greatest animals around. It is great that they are making a comeback.

Yeah, there are several in the area. They may be looking at moving out with the growing population so they may be looking toward coweta/heard since there's some big spaces up the river.

T

jay sullivent

sowega hunter said:
I saw one yesterday in Early county. I have seen this one several times in the same area over the last few years. I also saw a golden eagle a little further up the road yesterday. This is the first one of these I've seen except on Lake Seminole.

juvenile bald eagles look just like golden eagles. it takes them a while to get their white head. not saying you are mistaken, but it is a common mistake.

killNgrill

Me and my dad saw what we were pretty sure was a nest at Paulding Forest a few years back.

sowega hunter

Jay, the bird I saw was much bigger than the bald eagle I saw earlier in the day. I guess it could have been a juvi baldi but it was bigger.

Deerhead

I saw one in Monrow near lake Juliette back in September. That was the first one I have ever seen in flight.

Four years ago my company made a donation to birds of prey. I was able to hold one. I have a pic in jpg but do not know how to attach...

E

Etter1

I've seen two in PA and dozens in Quebec. They are huge and beautiful. You're right though, the young ones look nothing like you'd expect.

red tail

GONetwork Member
I use to see them all the time at lake oconee. I have a pair or red tail hawks that nest in my back yard. They have been ther for several years.