We got a big 'un this morning (1 9/16 spur)

Kevin Farr

Well, I've been absent from the turkey woods for about a week now due to rain/weather/work and yesterday was my first morning back. I worked some birds that were across a river and I had to leave them for work. But today was better weather and better luck. I went with a buddy of mine to his lease and he killed one heck of a bird. It had an 11 1/8 in beard and 1 9/16 & 1 1/2 in spurs. Needless to say, my buddy was extra happy when we walked over to his bird and he saw those spurs.

He was a smart and cautious bird, but he screwed up one time and it cost him dearly. We worked this bird for about 2 1/2 hrs before we finally got it done. He gobbled good on the roost and then went almost totally silent on the ground. All I basically did was some soft-calling (yelps, clucks, and purrs). He would answer every now and then, but I didn't push him. Finally, he broke and came in too close and the rest is history.

I guess he finally had to come take a peek at that "necked" hen around the corner in the bushes. :bounce::bounce:

11 1/8 in beard 1 9/16 & 1 1/2 in spurs

Attachments

• DSC00231 (2).JPG
    DSC00231 (2).JPG
    60 KB · Views: 579
  • DSC00238 (2).JPG
    DSC00238 (2).JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 577
  • DSC00243.JPG
    DSC00243.JPG
    121.7 KB · Views: 578
Last edited:

sman

that's a grown one right there.

great bird, WTG.

01Foreman400

Staff member
Look at the hooks on that one. Great bird. Congrats to your buddy.

Darrell

miller

That's a good bird! Congrats to you both.

Jody Hawk

Congrats !!!!!!

That's a Mac Daddy right there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't y'all know he needs to be hanging from a limb? That's why they call em "limbhangers" !!!!!! ::ke:

Nitro

Banned
That is a wonderful Gobbler!!

Thanks for sharing yalls success.

Great season for you so far. Congratulations.

brucemacgee19

I can't wait to get out there....calling rain for me...... but that bird gets me pumped right back up!

BgDadyBeardBustr

Gone But Not Forgotten
Congrats to your Buddy on a great Gobbler!!!! I like that picture with the bird on his shoulder! You can see the long spur and the beard as well. Tom Teaser does it again and again huh? Congrats on a great hunt, Tim

Hunter Haven

great bird! Congratulations..