Don't let this happen to you

dmedd

Maybe my temporary lapse into ignorance can keep someone else from getting hurt. I was sighting in the new Constitution yesterday and noticed I had an arrow that needed a new pin nock. I placed the new pin nock onto the bushing and it didn't want to seat properly. I had the great idea that I would just nock the arrow like I was going to shoot it. I then proceeded to push it against the bowstring to finish seating it. I was having to use a pretty good bit of pressure. The nock busted sending my right index and ring fingers into the launcher on my lizard tongue rest. Mind you, this isn't one of the regular flimsy steel launchers. Naw...this is one of them stainless steel gooduns!! I have attached pictures of my fingers and the launcher. This is what happens when a stainless steel launcher blades meets the bone on top of your index finger at an estimated 50 mph. So please don't try this at home. These are highly trained idiots! Hey...it sounded like a good idea at the time.

I had to do something to compete with Alligood's hatchet head!:bounce::bounce:

And yes...this is my release hand!:cry::cry:

Attachments

• 100_0931-1.jpg
    100_0931-1.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 314
  • 100_0929-1.jpg
    100_0929-1.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 312

dmedd

re

To those who aren't familiar with a lizard tongue launcher...that is supposed to be a completely flat piece of steel.

dmedd

another pic

Here's another pic to help explain the force of the blow.

Attachments

• 100_0928.jpg
    100_0928.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 312

alligood729

Son don't you know better than that??? That don't even look like any fun!! But, it ain't no hatchet head to the face, I can tell you right now!!:bounce::bounce: Pour some peroxide on it, wrap it in some electrical tape and a paper towel, you'll be good to go!! And be careful next time!:):)

dmedd

re

Son don't you know better than that??? That don't even look like any fun!! But, it ain't no hatchet head to the face, I can tell you right now!!:bounce::bounce: Pour some peroxide on it, wrap it in some electrical tape and a paper towel, you'll be good to go!! And be careful next time!:):)

Duct tape man...Duct tape!!:bounce:

hound dog

Look man don't beat up on the bow it wasn't the bows fault.:crazy:

BUT GLAD YOU ARE OK FOR THE MOST PART.;)

fatboy BA

dog gone Dmedd you a educated man too.Hope you get better soon.

dmedd

re

dog gone Dmedd you a educated man too.Hope you get better soon.

Yeah...I got a PHD on this one. The good news is...I'm still able to shoot.:banana: Thanks for the kind words guys.

jersey ga boy

thank you for the lesson i do the same thing with fat boy knocks get well soon looking foward to hooking up in augusta holla!

dmedd

re

Glad you weren't hurt worse. Did you have to get any stitches?

I probably should have got stitches but being as stubborn as my wife says I am, I didn't go.

Jersey GA Boy....we're gonna have a ball in Augusta. Ya heah me??:banana:

That really sucks,that is still in a bad spot .Have to bend your finger ,so it will take a minute to heal properly.It looked a little painful1

Silver Mallard

Ouch!!!! I think i would have let out a few expletives!
For those that don't shoot this type of launcher, after a few arrows have passed over them,
they tend to get razor sharp... as he found out.

Last edited:

Brian from GA

Ouch!!!! I think i would have let out a few expletives!
For those that don't shoot this type of launcher, after a few arrows have passed over them, they tend to get razor sharp... as he found out.

Yep... I used to call mine Killer cause I hung my finger up on it tons of times. My second National 3D shoot ever was in Daleville, AL back in 1999. I had my bow up on my shoulder walking from the range back to the village. I flipped the bow off my shoulder and caught it with the other hand.... Of course Killer dug into my index finger. I tried to drop the bow but Killer was dug into my finger and it wouldn't let go. I finally had to grab the bow with the other hand and pick it up to get Killer out of my finger. I am sure it appeared someone was murdered in the porta potty I went in to find some toilet paper to wrap around the finger to stop the bleeding. It was pouring out like a hose. Those things are mean.

Taylor Co.

Dad-gum man that had to smart! I had an arrow blow up one-time but it didn't hurt me..Boy was I lucky!!!:flag: