Triple-beard OTG!

southGAlefty

I went this morning with a good friend of mine and he did something I would have never thought he could do. We set up an big gobbler that was gobbling good on the roost but hung up on us in his favorite strut zone after he hit the ground. About 7:30 we heard a hen fly down and cackle between us and him so we figured our only chance was to hit the woodline and get between him and her. We did, set up in the corner that he was in and had no sooner than hit the call when he and his TWO hens came over the terrace (him in full strut). The hens at one point got to 10 steps before turning to head back over the terrace, we didn't have a decoy out. So, big boy turns to follow him and my buddy hits his slate call cutting and clucking HARD and NONSTOP at him. The gobbler never broke strut but broke away from his hens and strutted into 20 steps to us before he met his maker. My buddy called big boy away from not one but two hens. It was AMAZING, the most intense hunt I've ever had the blessings to experience. The bird had 3 beards. Pictures coming soon!

southGAlefty

Alright guys here are the pics I promised.

Beards were : 11 in, 7 1/2 in, and 6 in
Spurs: 1 in and 1 1/8 in
Weighed: 17.8 lbs

Attachments

• Turkey#2-1.jpg
    Turkey#2-1.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 293
  • Turkey#2-HeadshotDirt.jpg
    Turkey#2-HeadshotDirt.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 295
  • Turkey#2-HeadshotTailgate.jpg
    Turkey#2-HeadshotTailgate.jpg