What should you do???

CCGA

The creek on our property is well outside its banks with all the recent rains.Normally you can get across it but not now. This past Sat at 4pm I went down about 150yds from the creek and set up.I cut one time on a box call and immediately got a gobble from about 100yds on the other side of the creek.Without thinking I high tailed to the edge of the creek with a decoy.The bird came in hammering on his own and stood on the other side of the creek. Sadly I missed when I shot. Should I of stayed back and tried to pull him across the creek with him being as hot as he was??:huh:What would you of done???

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
Sounds like you just missed. Try again.

rutandstrut

How wide is the Creek? How Deep is the Creek?

It just sounds like you missed. I would change my set-up a little bit and go after him again! Good Luck!

We had this happen to us in Green Swamp. Three Gobblers were roosted across the River and Gobbling their heads off! We could either cross where we heard them or go back to the Truck and drive down the road and then walk 2.5-3 Miles to get to them and stay dry.

Normally this water is Ankle Deep or at worst Knee Deep. We just cross if it is ankle deep and use Contractor Garbage Bags over our Boots if it is higher. These Bags were already in camp and they worked great for inexpensive Stocking Waders! We hung the bags on a low hanging limb for our return trip. And then went after the Gobblers! These Bags worked great in a jamb and they kept us dry!

ADDICTED2HUNTIN

if there was no way for you to cross the creek i would have done just what you did, get down as close to the creek as possible and pull him up to the creek then shot him, if you would've hit him it would of made it worth getting wet to go get him