buck question

Barracuda

can anyone tell me what part of the year i should start seeing rack development on my trail cams?

Killdee

They start back growing shortly after dropping. Im seeing some in last weeks pic's.

Attachments

• DSC00009 (Large).jpg
    DSC00009 (Large).jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 348
R

redneckcamo

that one on here yesterday or today that got hit by a car was already growin back ....

Hunter922

Yep , seen some on our trail cams that have started the trophy process. Is that a skull in between those two deer on the ground..Probrably not, but sure looks like it...optical illusion I guess..

01Foreman400

Staff member
As far as telling what the buck is going to have as far as heard gear. Around July you can get a pretty good idea.

These pictures were taken in July.

Attachments

• ICAM0115.jpg
    ICAM0115.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 331
  • ICAM0137.jpg
    ICAM0137.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 330

01Foreman400

Staff member
This is what he ended up looking like.

Attachments

• Bill's 2.JPG
    Bill's 2.JPG
    104.9 KB · Views: 331
  • Bill's.JPG
    Bill's.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 333

Killdee

Yep , seen some on our trail cams that have started the trophy process. Is that a skull in between those two deer on the ground..Probrably not, but sure looks like it...optical illusion I guess..

Good eye, I moved it a little to give the pics a little something extra. Theres a turkey in the background to the left.

bowbuck

Last year I started seeing them really good in May. As far as antler growth I posted a buck last year that looked to be a 6 point in late July but by the time he had shed had turned into an eight and put on probably 15 more inches of antler.

Meriwether_Stalker22

Now...................some may be a little behind......nice lookin' little huntin' buddy