Back from Oklahoma

Dudley Do-Wrong

Just got home a few minutes ago (about 11 PM); I managed to limit out in Oklahoma (2 birds). I'm going to bed but I'll try to post pictures tomorrow. I took one the first day (Monday) at 6 PM and got the other at 11:30 AM

Huntinfool

Way to go David! Glad y'all had a good time. Post those pics up!

Arrow3

WTG David! :yeah:

Bram

Glad to hear you scored David:banana::banana::bounce:

huntmstr

Banned
We're ready for your close ups, Mr. D. Mills.
:bounce: :rofl:

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. But that still don't make me Gloria Swanson.:banana:

Dudley Do-Wrong

Need a little help

I just had to insert this here because it ended up being the one event that affected me the most. While I was waiting on my shuttle service at the Atlanta airport, there was a young man standing there waiting on his shuttle as well. What was most notable (in appearance) about this young man was that he was missing one leg. I thought that he was either in an automobile accident or he was a soldier that was wounded in the Middle East; the latter ended up being the cause. He spoke to me first having noticed I had a gun case and camo luggage, he asked if I had any luck. He and I got to talking and he had turkey hunted for the first time this year. We talked about hunting in general, guns, a few other things before his shuttle arrived. I made it a point to tell him how much I appreciate his service and sacrifice, and I meant every word. What struck me the most was that the whole time we talked, he mentioned his leg only once and it was a very brief reference; the rest of the time he spoke with a smile on his face. It was so inspiring that this young man seemed enthusiastic about his life and his future; he is currently on the rifle team at Ft Benning. The other thing that really struck me was, as he was leaving he said “God bless you sir”. He told me his name before he left but in my advanced age, I forgot it. I do remember he said he really wanted to get after a turkey. This amazing young man has been on my mind ever since. I called Ft Benning this morning and was able to finally get his name, Joshua Olson. The lady I talked to told me that he is an inspiration to all around him. She put me in touch with his supervisor and spoke for a few minutes; my intent was to send Joshua a turkey call but didn’t have his name and address. I would really like to get this young man on a turkey but the bird hunting on my club is pathetic. Is there anyone close to the Columbus area that has a good population of birds and easy access to a hunting area that could take this young man hunting? I promise you, once you meet him you will immediately like him. I just don’t believe any of us can begin to repay these wounded warriors for their dedication and sacrifice.

BgDadyBeardBustr

Gone But Not Forgotten
David I will take him if you would like to go as well. I have one that I have not been messing with and I was down because I could not help the Kid from the other hunt in Dublin earlier. You get him here and I will put him on one. Tim

Dudley Do-Wrong

Thanks Tim. I've gotten one other offer that I'm working on as well. I talked to Joshua today and he said he would be extremely interested in going. This is truely an amazing young man.

wooly

Thanks for sharing about this patriot. When you get to see or talk to Joshua Olson again please thank him for all of us. I sure wish I had a good place to take him, I would do it in a heart beat.

Ricky

If I didn't think it would be a waste of his time,I'd invite him to my club in Talbot.I hope you can get him on a bird.

BgDadyBeardBustr

Gone But Not Forgotten
David I spoke with Steve via PM and we are going to try and get him on one next weekend. I will let you know how things go or are going. Thank you for making this opertunity for this young man. A Gobbler is the least I can for what this young man has done for our Country. Tim

Dudley Do-Wrong

Michael Lee posted pics that showed my first bird, this is the 2nd bird I killed. This one looks more like a merriams.

Attachments

• 2 bird.jpg
    2 bird.jpg
    288 KB · Views: 94

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Congrats on some purty birds, David! Honorable gesture ya`ll are doin` for the young man too.

Dudley Do-Wrong

Nick, you should meet this young man, I believe God placed him in a certain spot for me to meet him.

Many thanks to Steve and Tim for offering a place to take Joshua

Arrow3

Great story David!! I hope that young man gets himself a bird!

Bram

Nice of you to help David..we need more people like you:bounce::flag:

Ricochet

Thanks for sharing about this patriot. When you get to see or talk to Joshua Olson again please thank him for all of us. I sure wish I had a good place to take him, I would do it in a heart beat.

Ditto! :flag: