I need sum help!

blindhog

Went back to where I got that biggun yesterday. There was a bird gobbling his head off in the same head of woods the dead gobbler was living in!

I was unfamiliar with these woods and approached through some thick woods. He would not come, even though he was double and triple gobbling!!

I don't feel I overcalled, just clucks, purrs, and seldom a cut.

I moved about 300 yds following him through the woods.
It would get quiet for 20-30 mins, then he would fire up again.
Always moving away, but gobbling at me. :banginghe

I feel like the hens that I saw going to the gobbler I killed have taken up with him, cause he acts henned up. Don't know for sure.

Finally after 45 mins of quiet i left the woods close to 11:00 am.
Found a logging road and a easier and quieter approach in to his roost area in the morning.

Any suggestions??? I just gots ta git'im! :shoot:

gamechaser

Might try calling him down from roost then quickly swinging around and try to get a head of his route he took today. Banking on him following away with hens.

The spirit of the one you killed is still around. Release his spirit in the morning by chanting an old indian song and hopping around on one leg. then go send this one to meet him.

gobblingghost

Find his roost and fall hunt him

tbgator

Banned
Had same thing happen to me yesterday and found out he had one hen with him, the only hen for miles:bounce:

blindhog

Got his number this morning, if I had went on down in the bottom like I was thinking to do, he would have riden home in my truck!

As i was standing there thinking ablout that, he flew down about 20 yds from me on the other side of some thick brush. I got ready......

Nothing, then he gobbles about 30 yds down into the bottom, he gobbled again in few minutes moving away in the same direction as yesterday.

I have his pattern.

There were 2 other gobblers hammering in the area I killed the big one the other morning, they know the boss is on vacation.

Lots of gobbling the last three mornings.

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
When you kill big daddy the other toms on the area will compete for to be new top dog. Should make your hunting better.

Good luck.

hawglips

Banned
Had one like that last week. After chasing him for a while, I just left him alone and decided to cold call in an area where he had been gobbling early. I did, a hen came in to me, we got real vocal for a while, and the dadgum gobbler came from way off to us. I killed him about an hour and a half after he decided to come to us.