First bag ............

Holton

I just got my FIRST bag of Vidalia onions of the year. Can't wait to start using them. How do yawl use em?

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
Holton said:
I just got my FIRST bag of Vidalia onions of the year. Can't wait to start using them. How do yawl use em?

I like to core them out like you would an apple, though just with a small hole through & through. Then I add butter to one end and then stick a Beef Boullion cube into the other end and then seal the same end I stuck the boullion cube in with butter. Wrap with foil and then throw on the grill for about 30 minutes to 45 minutes. Their great with a big ole steak and baked tater.... :D

That's my typical Saturday night meal at the deer camp, though I sometimes stir fry up some squash and vidalia onions to go with it.... ;)

dutchman

My wife makes a casserole made up of nothing but Vidalias, butter (lots of it, too), Ritz Crackers, and some Parmesan cheese. She mixes it up and bakes it. I'll hunt up the recipe if anyone is interested. Good stuff.

Branchminnow

GONetwork Senator Area 51
I peel em and eatem on the spot when the first bag comes in and then the second one I eat something else with them.

pendy

Huntnnut, I'm sure anxious to try a vidalia onion fixed on the grill like you do. It sounds sooooo good.

Duchman, I would sure like that recipe for the casserole. It really sounds good.

Thanks Aunt Bea

Woody

Founder - Gone but not forgotten.
Com'on Dutchman --- cough it up?:D

That sounds real good.

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
Yea Dutchman, quit holding back on us... ::ke:

Pendy, I believe you'll enjoy it. I know I sure do, I can usually eat a whole one by myself....:bounce:

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
Bowbender said:
Milton,
thats pretty much how i do mine.. You have good taste brother!!!!!!!!!!
Do you season yer baked tater????? Try poking your tater with a fork, take some solid crisco in you hand and rub the hole tater.. sprinkel some season salt and garlic powder and cook away.... I like to eat the skins, they sure do taste good that way........ the crisco lets the seasonings stick to the tater, and give the tater a real good flavor....

Aunt bea,
You will love them like that...... ummmm ummmmm ummmm

Thanks Bo! I haven't tried a tater quite like that, though I will now!... :D Thanks for the heads up!.... :clap:

Limbshaker

GONetwork Member
I'll have to agree with ya Dutch, you can't beat a Vidalia like that

Handgunner

Y'all ought to smell them when "they come in"... on certain days when the wind is right, you can smell them from here!

I like them all ways! :D