Yote or Fox?

LAKOTA

This joker has been coming through almost every night behind our house. We have plenty of rabbits, so I figure he's hunting them down.

Is it a Grey Fox or a Coyote? Looks more like a yote to me (we have plenty around), but it's always traveling alone which is unusual?

tcam.jpg

tcam1.jpg

Same animal? This one looks more like a Fox to me. (I zoomed in for a better view) It's coming around several nights a week as well.
tcam2.jpg

knifemaker

This joker has been coming through almost every night behind our house. We have plenty of rabbits, so I figure he's hunting them down.

Is it a Grey Fox or a Coyote? Looks more like a yote to me (we have plenty around), but it's always traveling alone which is unusual?

tcam.jpg

tcam1.jpg

Same animal? This one looks more like a Fox to me. (I zoomed in for a better view) It's coming around several nights a week as well.
tcam2.jpg

Your third picture is a grey fox, the first two pictures are of a coyote. Look at the tail on them. The fox has a larger and longer puffy tail in relation to its body.

Handgunner

Your third picture is a grey fox, the first two pictures are of a coyote. Look at the tail on them the fox has a larger and longer puffy tail in relation to its body.
Exactly what he said.

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
Your third picture is a grey fox, the first two pictures are of a coyote. Look at the tail on them. The fox has a larger and longer puffy tail in relation to its body.

Yep.

Arrow3

I agree...Two yote pics and one fox

LAKOTA

That's what I thought as well. Just wanted to confirm with more eyes. Of course I'll have to convince my wife that all three are foxes. She can't stand the thought of Coyotes.

knifemaker

That's what I thought as well. Just wanted to confirm with more eyes. Of course I'll have to convince my wife that all three are foxes. She can't stand the thought of Coyotes.

Just tell her that they are all foxes, just that the one in the third picture was trying to impress another one that was out of the picture, and tell her they do it by making the hair on their tail stand up so they look larger, kinda like a dog raises the hair on his back. If she's not a real outdoors person, you got it licked.--:bounce:-:bounce:-:bounce:-:biggrin2:

COYOTE X

Yep, I agree. COYOTE X

huntmstr

Banned
Definately Yote's in the first two, third is unmistakeably a fox.

Bruz

Gone but not forgotten
Once this happened right in my back yard I began a Yote eradication program which has been quite successful:)

Attachments

• Fatz&Coyote.jpg
    Fatz&Coyote.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 1,198

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
With that white tipped tail, I`m inclined to say the third pic is a red fox too.

cpowel10

The first two are yotes and the last is a red fox.

These are grey foxes, look at the difference between your fox and grey foxes.

MDGC0143.jpg

Jake Allen

Varmits, you have alot of varmits.
Good trail cam pictures.

GA DAWG

With that white tipped tail, I`m inclined to say the third pic is a red fox too.
So has this yote got red fox in it or what?????

Attachments

• YOTE 1.jpg
    YOTE 1.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 660
  • YOTE 2.jpg
    YOTE 2.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 684