Just can't figure'em out!

kcausey

Banned
Season's almost done and I have heard maybe 5 gobbles all year. I had one bird coming to me at 8am 3rd weekend of the season, and hens got to him, he only gobbled twice. I have more Longbeard tracks than i know what to do with in my clearcut, but i haven't heard the first gobble off of roost all year. I am hunting 850 acres on the Oconee River in wilkinson coand brand new to the lease. I have hunted wilko for the last 7 years and birds have always blown me away with the daybeak gobbling.

Anyone else having similar problems???
Kinda makes me wanna give up...........it's hard to have confidence hunting those birds that don't talk.

Jody Hawk

It has been a strange year at my Morgan County club too. I went two mornings this year that I considered good gobbling mornings. By good gobbling I mean from the roost and still gobbling an hour or so after they hit the ground. Most mornings it has been several gobbles from the roost and then nothing. :huh:

S

Sugar Hill Scouter

Probably has something to do with the hatch of 2003. If that was a bad year for poult survival, the result would be less 2 year olds in the woods this year. They typically do most of the gobbling.