Strutting gobbler; my best trail camera picture of the year

Wetzel

This is my best trail camera picture of the spring. I was disappointed to only have eight pictures on the card, but this was one of them.

Attachments

• 99987.JPG
    99987.JPG
    179.5 KB · Views: 789

Bruz

Gone but not forgotten
Great pic. Now go get him. You could have one of the first before and after Gobbler pics sequences. Then mount him up in that pose.:)

Robert

Arrow3

That is one of the most awesome trail cam pics I have ever saw!!

Hunter Haven

Great photo!!

I've noticed you continue to get pics from this location... do you hunt this area or is it just for photo fun???

Thanks for sharing!!

Wetzel

I've noticed you continue to get pics from this location... do you hunt this area or is it just for photo fun???
There is a lot of public land around me to hunt and try to kill a turkey, so I leave this area alone. I've killed enough turkey that killing one more isn't that important to me. To me getting a real nice trail camera picture is almost as nice as shooting the turkey. Seems that I get about as much pleasure out of seeing the turkey as I do shooting them.

I'll usually put out corn during the winter and into spring and keep a couple of trail cameras in the area to see what comes by. The turkey that were coming had just about disappeared except for three or four of them and I was getting a lot of racoon/deer pictures so I stopped putting anything out for them about two weeks ago. Checked my camera this morning for the first time in over a week and had this picture.:banana:

Guess I need to start putting something out for them again.

Handgunner

Almost looks like a mount!!! You need to submit that one to GON and Cuddeback!!!

Hunter Haven

good deal... I was kinda figuring bout what you said... love the pics you share. Take care and keep showing them to us!!

You've had lots of nice photos from this spot!!

Thanks..

trkyhntr70

Awesome pic Wetzel!!
That looks like a spot I used to hunt up there....

Gadget

That's a good one, heck of a 4 wheeler trail you got coming through there, looks like you guys do some riding.