Called in a BF Grant Gobbler

JCantrell

With all this talk of Bf Grant I decided to give it a try this weekend. Hunted with a friend of mine, we heard one bird Saturday morning. He gobbled about 5 times but didn't come in.

Sunday went by myself. Heard two birds gobble. One gobbled about 10 times. gobbled a couple times on the ground. last time he was about 80 yds out. I moved and put my gun towards him and waited. 15 minutes later and nothing. thought he slipped away. I was about to get up and I heard a little rustle in the leaves directly behind me and then it went quite. I couldn't stand it so eased my head around to look and you guessed it, he 20yds behind looking right at me. he putted once and walked away. I circled and reset up but no luck.

Called one in on my second time there, not bad.

Gadget

BF Grant seems to be the "HOT" WMA this year. I went there for the first time last week and called one in for a buddy but he was spotted and the bird spooked.

He has been doing good there the last couple of weeks hearing birds most of the time. I know some other guys that went there for the first time this year and bagged a good bird.

Word has gotten out though, it will be extra crowded next year. Heck even some of the guys at Mossy Oak went over there a couple of weeks ago.

tknight

B.F Grant hot, :rofl: better go some where else if'n you want to kill a bird this last week of the season, you know you shouldn't get people all excited about nothing, get their hopes up and all. Nope no birds at Grant any more, maybe a few brave jakes that have stepped up in the pecking order. ::ke: ;)

Gadget

tknight said:
B.F Grant hot, :rofl: better go some where else if'n you want to kill a bird this last week of the season, you know you shouldn't get people all excited about nothing, get their hopes up and all. Nope no birds at Grant any more, maybe a few brave jakes that have stepped up in the pecking order. ::ke: ;)

LOL.....................:rofl: