Anyone in the Roswell area, Important meeting tonite

leo

Retired Woody's Mod 7/01-12/09

Info I got from another site........

"The City of Roswell will hold a public input meeting concerning an amendment to its Discharge of Weapons Ordinance on Monday, May 9, 2005, from 6:30-7:30 p.m. in room 120 at City Hall, located at 38 Hill St. in Roswell."

The Roswell city council is trying to draft support against shooting a bow in Roswell. This could eliminate bowhunting among other things :(

If you know anyone in the area that might be concerned about what they are trying to do please contact them and make them aware of this important meeting.

A strong hunting community showing will go a long way in helping to preserve our rights to practice out hunting privileges :flag:

leo

Anyone make this meeting

If so please share how the vote went :confused:

fredw

Retired Moderator
Leo

The purpose of last night's meeting was for the chairman of Roswell's Public Safety Committee to share his proposed amendment to the proposed ordinance which would, in effect, ban bow hunting in Roswell.

The proposed ordinance, and perhaps the amendment reviewed last evening, will go before the City Council next Monday night (May 16th) for vote.

Neither of the two will allow bow hunting. What we saw last evening tweaked the language dealing with firearm discharge in instances where bodily harm is concerned (just a clarification to align Roswell law with State law). Also included in the proposed amendment was (and I'm paraphrasing here....the documents are in the truck) if deer become a nuisance in the city of Roswell then the City Administrator will determine how to deal with the problem. The proposed ordinance had the city working through DNR for solutions.

Net, Roswell is proceding with ordinances that will prohibit bowhunting while significantly restricting archery practice. The final vote could come on Monday.

leo

Fred thanks for the update

I really hate to see that start, I hope that something can be worked out that will still allow hunters to use their bow for hunting and practice in that area in a safe manner.

:flag:

Latest posts