Jacksonville

redlevel

I am going to an Advanced Placement Summer Institute at The Bolles School in Jacksonville. I am going to get recertified to teach AP US Govt. I was there about 15 years ago for this purpose, and it is a beautiful place.

Anyhow, I am thinking of taking my wife, daughter, and maybe another individual so they can have a vacation while I'm in class.

Does anyone know a good bet on renting a beach house or a condo for five nights July 20-24? Something with two bedrooms and two baths plus kitchen would be perfect. We would like to have something within easy walking distance to the beach, preferably right on the beach.

I figure some of the "Florida Boys" might have some connections.

Thanks

I can't give you specific directions, but I can tell you that Fernindina Beach is much more "working class" in pricing.

crackerdave

Amelia Island is a nice family place - kinda pricey,though. I'll pm you my cousin's phone number in Jax. and he will help you.

SBG

BOW'D UP

cLARKS has THE BEST gator tail you will find---- and i try it everywhere. had to scold them once for givin us bar brand vodka when we were paying for absolute--- so watch them if you sit at the bar---- guy kept wlkin off with my drink when the bottles were right next to us and grabbing the rock gut--- i told him --- you cant taste absolute and this tastes just like rubbin alchohol---- ive heard they are going to do some major construction due to the creek rising and flooding . so i would call first.

BOW'D UP

you might even go to floridasportsmans website and hit there forums and northeast fla and post your question on condos--- someone might can hook ya up

Jim Baker

Staff member
Thanks! That was going to be my next question. You get bonus points on your Govt. Quiz.:bounce::bounce:

Been awhile, wife used to rent a condo on Fernadina Beach, can't recall the name, but we always stopped at the DOWN UNDER the Bridge Resturant below the TJ Shave bridge on A1A going into Fernadina.

Was always good.