hackberry bow

bam_bam

I made this bow and gonna give it to a friends son for his birthday this weekend thought i would share it. Its made of hackberry

Attachments

• hackbow 001 (450 x 600).jpg
    hackbow 001 (450 x 600).jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 1,387
  • hackbow 002 (450 x 600).jpg
    hackbow 002 (450 x 600).jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 1,254
  • hackbow 003 (600 x 450).jpg
    hackbow 003 (600 x 450).jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 1,148

Nugefan

wow Bam Bam you been shavin' some wood lately .....:fine:

another nice one ......:cool:

I just need to start sendin' my staves to you so you can finish em fer me .......;)

bam_bam

wow Bam Bam you been shavin' some wood lately .....:fine:

another nice one ......:cool:

I just need to start sendin' my staves to you so you can finish em fer me .......;)

Shure thing nuge if ya dont mind me taking forever to finish something,I just finished the bow yesterday, but i been working on it for about a year now off and on. I shaped it then would put it down for thre3 or so months go back and work on the tiller for a day or so, put it up for another 2 or 3 months .....you get the point. This was kinda my experiment bow b/c i done a few things i had never done before such as the horn nocks, dying the wood and fading colors. Thanks for the comments guys now it off to start another project of some sort. I had thought about working on one and bringing to WAR next year, it may make some good loot

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Mighty nice bow, Bam Bam. I like that one!

dutchman

Good looking bow, bam bam. If you brought one like that to the WAR '09, you'd wind up with a good pile of loot I'll bet!

BgDadyBeardBustr

Gone But Not Forgotten
Sweet looking bow Chris. Great work. Just hope I have me a shop and then I am going to start some wood working. I love working with sand paper and different stains. Tim

bam_bam

Shure if he's graduating in 2010...thats about how long it will take my sorry butt to finishing anotherone....

Queegua

Nice bow Bam Bam, I got a few of them hackberry trees around that need pruning...and all i'll charge ya for the wood is one of them purdy bows :rofl:

Seriously, Great job!