Who else is feeling sad?

The Horned Toad

Well the season is almost over and this Saturday is the last day that I will get to hunt. I still have one bird to go to fill my quota and was really hoping to limit out this year. This season was one of the best ones I've had. Seen alot of game in the woods, God blessed me with 2 great long beards, and spent some quality time with my dad who is 65. My dad is really enjoying his free hunting lic. I guess you can call this an obession when the season isn't over and I'm already making plans for next year. Well as soon as the season is over my dad and I are going to do some river fishing. That should tie me over until deer season.

It's been great sharing turkey hunting storys here and looking for more to come and hopfully on Saturday I'll have another great story and one last bird in the freezer.

Arrow3

Im going with cnw38 on Saturday morning and hopefully he will fill his last tag! :yeah:

Ricochet

Very sad, it will be a last ditch effort for me this weekend. :cry:

brucemacgee19

maybe not as sad, as I am thankful. I have been very blessed this season. my 16 month old daughter knows what a turkey is, and on top of that she knows what it says. I haven't gotten to hunt with coryo yet this year, but it's not over yet. took some great birds with some buddies. got to see some of the best spitting and druming I have ever seen and heard. made some new buddies on gon. learned a bunch of new stuff, tactics, tricks, set-ups, sayings, definitions, land, callings skills, woodsmanship, and recipes. so I am blessed with turkey hunting in 2008. thank the Lord for he made it all possible.

Huntinfool

my 16 month old daughter knows what a turkey is, and on top of that she knows what it says.

Dude, that is hilarious that you mentioned that. We have a nine month old. I'm constantly saying "Reagan, what does the turkey say?".

She gets a big smile on her face and starts clicking her tongue on the top of her mouth. It is the funniest thing. Every time somebody is calling a turkey on tv or I'm sitting doing it in the living room, so starts giggling.

Dupree

im sad I cant kill anymore!

Auchumpkee Creek Assassin

Gone But Not Forgotten
not sad, now's time to hunt hogs ,go catfishing and get ready for DEER season, been a great spring turkey season.

BoxCallWillie

Being Thankful to have just bee out there

maybe not as sad, as I am thankful. I have been very blessed this season. my 16 month old daughter knows what a turkey is, and on top of that she knows what it says. I haven't gotten to hunt with coryo yet this year, but it's not over yet. took some great birds with some buddies. got to see some of the best spitting and druming I have ever seen and heard. made some new buddies on gon. learned a bunch of new stuff, tactics, tricks, set-ups, sayings, definitions, land, callings skills, woodsmanship, and recipes. so I am blessed with turkey hunting in 2008. thank the Lord for he made it all possible.

I'll Amen that !!!
Good Post brucemacgee
This is realy what its all about... :flag:

BCW

Trizey

Not too sad, probably my best spring ever.

Killed a nice bird in AL and GA, hunted with great friends and best of all, I had my son.

kevincox

Im going one last time on Sat. I have only killed 1 bird thus far but I have been on turkeys almost everytime I've been out! Spent 5 days in Kentucky turkey hunting and had a blast! Great season!Did I mention that I was in on 5 other turkey kills this season. Calling the birds is more fun than shooting them to me!

capt stan

SAD...No way!! I've been in a state of depression since I got #3.:cry:

No not really....:bounce: I had a great season and am very thankfull for it!!!!!!!
But, I have been doing heavy PMCS on the boat since tagging out. Weather permitting next weekend will be a Cobia run. Ya gotta love SE GA!!! Turkey, Deer, Hogs and the SALT!!!!!!!!!!!!! Paradise man........Paradise!!!!!!!!!:banana::banana::banana:

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
I am sad that I could not connect this year...with only one close call.

been a tough year to say the least, but I had a blast and hunted my tail off.

BUT come on Sept!

AliBubba

I am sad that the season is almost over but on the other hand I am grateful that I was ABLE to have a season..

Jody Hawk

Always hate to see it end, gosh I love it !!!!!!!! I'll hunt tomorrow and every morning next week. Sure wish that I could get that third one. If not, it's still been a fun season. I got two good birds. Getting ready to run rabbit dogs and do some jugging for catfish.

Randy

I am sad I have not had time to go.

TurkeyH90

I as well have had a great season killing my best bird ever. However its time to break out the fly rod and head for the mountains. Spring never lasts long enough.

BubbaD

I have said before the only draw back to hunting both deer and turkey is now I have 2 days to be sad on...Jan 1 & May 15.
Its been a great season and I have been fortunate enough to take one bird this season on some brand new land. Over all gobbling and sightings were way down compared to the past two seasons but I did not get to go during alot of "Prime Time." Most of my hunts consisted of 1 1/2 - 2 hour hunts during the week before work. Thank goodness the land was close and I am the boss :bounce: Weekends have been tied up with baseball and it has been awesome. I hope to get back out tomorrow morning on a spot thats only been hunted once....by me back in March. I'll probably go Saturday then wrap it up on either Mon or Tue morning.It is always an honor to witness God's blessings on a spring morning.
Of course this season wont be quite as depressing when May 15 rolls around. With the boys at their ages now and after my Supertree Farm fishing trip, I have gotten the fishing bug again. We will be getting after them pretty hard and wrapping up baseball season. Oh and on the last few outings I discovered some previous unknown info on our land that will be most beneficial come Sept :bounce:

Good luck the rest of the way!! :):)

Dudley Do-Wrong

I am more disgusted than sad.

Sappermac, make the abolute best time with your dad while you still have time to do so. Many a year from now, you will be looking to make the same type of memories with your own child.

BOSSOFTHEWOODS

Still have a few days left. Maybe the rain will cool things off a bit for this wkend. But just think fellas ,1 week from now we can all say ONLY 310 DAYS TO GO:banana: