Need help with boat pump problem

ghoterman

I have a Tracker Pro Crappie boat.Some trash ( possibly a fish hook)accidently went thru the Minnow Bucket recirculator pump & blew the fuse.Anyone know how to clean this out & fix the problem? I was thinking about just removing the pump and see if I can remove the object but not sure if that might mess up something.

Meriwether Mike

You will probably have to replace it. I would price and locate a new one first in the event it breaks during a repair attempt. Does it have a filter to catch trash before the pump?

frankwright

On many models of recirculating pump you can remove the whole cover,usually it is a "push down and turn to the left" type deal. If yours is not like that it probably still can be taken apart and the impellor cleaned out if it is not broken.

labman

Banned
Some have litle ears that have to be pushed in while you pull the filter off the bottom. They aren't that expensive to replace depending on the model.

ghoterman

Not sure if there is a filter between the recirc.pump & the Minnow bucket. There is a filter between the pump & where the water enters from the lake water.Guys, I'm really a novice at this type of thing.The push down & turn left was really good advice.Any really detailed info is appreciated

Nugefan

Pressure ...

will cause it to "blow" a hose , maybe restriction in discharge hose ? Pump should have course screen over impeller cover of some sort . If hook got sucked in you would hear the grind on the impeller .JMO

Meriwether Mike

Yes it is. It is a 442 W30. Good luck with the pump.