I'm ashamed of myself

Jody Hawk

I done something this morning that seldom happens during turkey season. Clock went off as usual at 4:50 am, I got up and put on my camo pants. Stood there for a minute and took em back off and went back to bed. My wife was laying there in shock !!!! Musta been the devil that made me do it. :eek: Nah, I just got so much going on today and the turkeys ain't gobbling much. Hard to get out of the bed this time of the season. Gotta cut my Mama's grass and plant her some flowers for Mother's Day. I'll be back after em Monday-Thursday of next week looking for #3.

Jasper

Just got a call from a buddy of mine. He killed 2 big gobblers this morning and said they were gobbling their heads off in Morgan County................:banana:

Just kidding Jody. :bounce: Sounds like you have your priorities straight. You deserve a day off with the turkey hunting schedule you keep! Best of luck next week. :cool:

Hawken2222

Don't sweat it Jody, we have all done that, or will do that at some point in our hunting career. As hard as you hit it during the turkey season, you deserve a break every now & then.

returntoarchery

Yep got to get the priorities right and you got them right. I've got to pass up Saturday cause my grandniece is having her 1st birthday and since I'm her mama's favorite uncle ... well you get the picture. Sunday is my last opportunity to hunt turkeys this year but I'm not sweating it. Looking forward to seeing my nephews and nieces.

wack em

Man Jody they ripped it hard this morning!

Not.

But I did manage to help my girlfriends daddy get his first bird in about 10 years! He only gobbled once but we knew where he wanted to be and beat him there.

R

redneckcamo

it happens too all of us ....warm bed with the warm wife an some zzzzzzzzzzzzzz looks better sometimes than ticks an birds !!!

Handgunner

It is getting harder and harder to get out of bed...

Arrow3

Jody,

I know y'all give me crap about me laying in bed sometimes but im not gonna give it to you....You have hunted HARD all year...Mornings and evenings....You deserved a morning of sleeping in..Hopefully you will get #3 this coming week....

That opening day bird that got away is gonna haunt you if you don't...::ke:

trkyhntr70

Ya didnt miss a thing this mornin.. I should have done the same thing,

kevincox

Jody, I have tried to get up and go twice this week and have not done it yet! I am going in the am however, for sure!

Jody Hawk

That opening day bird that got away is gonna haunt you if you don't...::ke:

I'm afraid you're right Brandon but I ain't gonna sweat it, I still had a pretty good season. I believe he had a horse shoe stuck out of his rear end though. Me and him both know that was just his lucky day. :banginghe Unlike other years, it was nothing I did wrong. Just a malfunction in my gun, I will remember that next time. From what I hear from everyone who went this morning, I didn't miss much. :huh:

Last edited:

chambers270

I know hoe you feel, I woke up at 5:45 this morning and dont even remember turning the alarm clock off! IF I could get this stupid bird to gobble or just walk the right way I could get alot more excited about getting up in the mornings.

Chris

wack em

I just got back from the woods. A buddy called me at 11 am and wanted to go try and strike one up. We went and by 12:30 had one hammerin. The bird was in a two year old cutover and he probably gobbled 70 times but was hung up behind a dozer pile. A hen finally came and took him away.

BOSSOFTHEWOODS

I get up @ 3:45 every morn for work so Monday morn I'm gonna get up , put on the work jeans , take em off, put on camo ,go huntin,unless I get a triple tomorrow:rofl::rofl::rofl: Hey I deserve a break too!

Was it one of those mornings when you finally walk outside & say to yourself: :banginghe Man ,I shoulda went this mornin, I bet that ol bird is a gobbling his fool head off right now:banginghe ... Don't ya just hate that feeling. I get it every time I don't go. So then I'm going the next morning for sure & wake up to 30mph wind from East w/low dark clouds:banginghe Oh well ,going any way.
Why DO we love this sport so much? Cause when its right ,there ain't NOTHING better!

SELFBOW

I've turned the clock off six times this year. I was good for a week, took a week off(hunted pm) then back up early again.

tbgator

Banned
Huntin on a wing and a prayer now.Goin just in case a bird screws up.Ya never know.Weather this weekend ain't lookin good.

robertyb

I got up yesterday morning and again this morning and did not go either day. I was up, fed, coffee made and just did not feel like chasing silent woods again.

Went to my old office yesterday and heard just how bad it has gotten since I retired and went and ordered new glasses this morning which I have been putting off doing since last year.

Maybe in the morning, maybe not!! :whip: