Trail cam at camp

trim-time

Has anyone set up a trail cam at camp to see what is going on when you are not there? We have a few members we don't trust to follow the rules, allow guests, small game, ect. We thought about putting a trail cam out high in a tree by the skinning rack to see what is going on when we are not there. What are your thoughts about this??

Mwaldrop

if you dont trust them with the property, then dont ask them to re-join. if you cant trust somebody to follow the rules, then what makes you trust them with a loaded gun. we have done this and it ended up with 2 stole cameras.

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
Camera's with an IR flash would be your best bet. however, placing it where you can catch somebody and not have your camera spotted is gonna be hard.
I'm with mwaldrop on this one. if things are bad enough to need this, your club has some serious issues.

bowwinkles

trim time,---The new scoutguard 550 IR cam is your ticket
It is the size of your fist and has a 1 second trigger. Can
be hidden most anywhere without detection. It also has
the grove built in for a Python cable if needed.
chasingame.com has the review

trim-time

We do have some issues we are trying to resolve but living so far away is hard. We have heard "brown is down" by a few but need evidence to prove it.

Sterlo58

The way to handle it if you think someone is breaking the rules or laws, is to let them know in no uncertain terms that if they violate the rules they are gone. If you think they are violating the rules don't invite them back. Our club cleaned house a while back and it has been great for the club.
A camera won't solve your problems. You have to kick tail and take names. :shoot: :shoot:

clent586

The one we had at camp

We did it once:bounce:. It was an old 35mm trailcam. Don't let a bunch of firemen:flag: know there is a camera around, especially one with film that has to be developed....usually by a lady at the drugstore:whip:. When my wife went to pick-up my pictures, she was a little embarassed to say the least:hair:..but it sure was funny when she told me the story!!:rofl::rofl::rofl: I figured it was the least she could do for me since I have bought her stuff at the drugstore before!

SheldonMOAC

Security Camera

We have the Stealth Cam Patroller at our camp. It looks just like a flood light and it takes great pictures. You will need to have power because you have have 110 volt.

Purchased at Cabelas for $129.99

Handgunner

We have the Stealth Cam Patroller at our camp. It looks just like a flood light and it takes great pictures. You will need to have power because you have have 110 volt.

Now THAT would be the ticket!

When my cousin was building his house, he had problems with people coming in at night stealing his lumber. He wanted to hang my trail camera over it..

It would work great during the day. At night, they'd see the flash and I'd lose a $350 Cuddeback!

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR

That is a good idea right there!

firewagon

We did it once:bounce:. It was an old 35mm trailcam. Don't let a bunch of firemen:flag: know there is a camera around, especially one with film that has to be developed....usually by a lady at the drugstore:whip:. When my wife went to pick-up my pictures, she was a little embarassed to say the least:hair:..but it sure was funny when she told me the story!!:rofl::rofl::rofl: I figured it was the least she could do for me since I have bought her stuff at the drugstore before!

Don't let a bunch of firemen:flag: know there is a camera around, especially one with film that has to be developed....usually by a lady at the drugstore

That applies to regular cameras, cell phones, and any other video equipment. If you think that a memory card can't be filled in 15 min.flat,wrong.