Would you drive a hybrid truck?

• yes

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • no

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters

red tail

GONetwork Member
If some one came out with a hybrid truck with a resonamal amount of hourse power whould you be interested or want to stick with your gas or deisial?

Jeff Phillips

Chevy has a Z71 that was introduced in Cailif. this year. It has an electric motor back up to the existing coventional motor. It shuts the gas motor off when there is no demand for power, like red lights, going down grade, etc. From the reports I saw the model with the V8 and 4 wheel drive was expected to get in the mid 20's MPG.

Yea, I'd drive 1.

red tail

GONetwork Member
Didn't know that. I'll look into it. I'm doing an advertising campain on the subject.

Craig Knight

Just my opinion , but I think that these Hybrids should be left to the Econo boxesthat most started out as being. Leave my truck with a diesel or gas V-8 . Thats my .02 worth :cheers:

Nick_T

Banned
Had to vote no. All I need is something else attached under the hood to tear up, and cost mucho-$$$$ when it does. I can see hybrid cars working OK, but putting more eletric components in a muddy enviroment is just asking for trouble.

Nick T

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
Nick_T said:
Had to vote no. All I need is something else attached under the hood to tear up, and cost mucho-$$$$ when it does. I can see hybrid cars working OK, but putting more eletric components in a muddy enviroment is just asking for trouble.

Nick T

I totally agree. I would hate to be in the middle of the woods and have one break down. With todays trucks you can at least do some self-diagnosis that may help you get back going.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
give me one now. Good looks and enough power to run wide open across a pasture and I will be fine.

Jim

short stop

I will !!!! I went from full size to a 2005 Colorado Z71 I hated payments but I drive nearly 70 miles a day to work --Spent as much with that v-8 @10mpg , as a new truck payment monthly -----Not to mention my new chevy gets 24 mpg on the highway :clap: Not a hybrid but very pleased :cheers: ---SS

H

HT2

Red.............

Simply put..........

"NO"!!!!!!

Who do ya'll think I am..........CLARK HOWARD??????? :rofl:

southernclay

I would consider it, but only after they have been out a few years to see what issues they may have.