Helpful Hint

Todd E

Most people do not use preventive measures with their trailcams in preventing moisture buildup inside the cam. There are some who are familiar with dessicant paks, Zorb-It paks, etc.

Just wanted to share a lil trick I use on my Cuddes. This is a pic of a drypak that comes inside my wife's prescrip bottles. Basically, dessicant in a small round tube with small holes on each end.

Attachments

• phone 001.jpg
    phone 001.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 277

Todd E

I take one or two of these tubes and tape them to the control panel cover to absorb any moisture that may try to collect in this compartment. On one cam it will fit perfectly (as pictured) in this trough. On the other, I tape it to the door itself.

Just thought I'd share this no cost tip that may save your cam.

Attachments

• phone 004.jpg
    phone 004.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 280

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
good suggestion. my old Moultrie 35mm were real bad about getting condensation.

davidhelmly

That is a great idea. I put a Zorb-it pack in every camera before it leaves. Moisture is death to electronics! :cool:

gadeerwoman

Glad I'm not the only person who saves every one of those little things as well as the ones that come in shoe boxes.:bounce:

Todd E

GDW,

The Mrs always looks at me goofy when I go raiding her shoe boxes. I always say, it's okay...I'm not putting them on!!!

Confederate_Jay

I have half a dozen of those little bags in the bottom of my gun cabinet just for good measure.

Killdee

Just think, they put this stuff in new electronics that are wrapped in plastic and stored in climate controlled warehouses, why in the world wouldnt trailcam MFG's instruct you to keep it in your camera?????(Not you David) Homebrewers have known this for years.