if lease was sold

66Nova

just wondering how many has had there lease sold and did the club continue
with the new owners or did you have to find another lease. :huh:

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
The one time my lease was sold we ended up leaving. The dues went from 7.10 to 9.00 over night and no one wanted to pay the increase and then we were not able to replace enough members in time.

Jim

Just 1 More

THunter said:
If lease was sold...y'all should have bought it.

THunter
Is that your answer for everything??? Not everyone has the financial ability to purchase land.. Some of us have other obligations and can't committ to $500,000 over the next 20 years.

Mossy0ak270

Our Jasper County lease was sold this year that we had for 6 years. It's heading for development :cry: Just 1 More I was thinking the same thing too. Not everyone is financially able to own their own property. I do believe you know this, so we really don't need to see it everytime this kind of issue comes up :cheers:

Last edited:

BassWorm

I'm not touching the ::ke: going on this post, but I will say in 30 years in Jones we were owned by Georgia Kraft, Georgia Pacific, and Plum Creek. In the last ten years a section would get sold to a private individual here and there and now all the havestable timber has been cut for the time being. The club now has neighborhoods coming in where adjoining clubs used to be. Who knows?

CAL

THunter,
I agree with what you are saying if the property is affordable.Some of this cutover land should be considerable cheaper than land with maketable timber.I think timber co's have realized they have the only places to market timber so why own the land?They will get the timber anyway!By the way,how much land have you purchased and where?

jason308

We had our 320 acre honeyhole in Girard (Burke county) sold out from under us. The scoundrel that had the land wouldn't even tell us it was for sale, one of our members saw the land for sale in a local paper, and we tried to call that scumbag for 3 months and he would never return our calls. Then, the last weekend of the season he shows up and tells us -By the way, yall have a week to get all of your stands off the property, it is going to be a cow pasture. When I went the next week to get my stands, they had bulldozed right up to one of them :shoot: . The worst part is that we had a 5 year lease on the land, but we paid by the year and this was only our second year having the land. And, we paid in September but couldn't get any of our money back (September to January is not a year if I recall correctly). :hammers: We were upset to say the least. And for the club, we didn't form another one, some of the members were out of state and we hadn't found another tract in the area. Now that I have moved, I joined a big club this year and we'll see how it goes. Sorry, I just had to vent.

jason308

T- sorry I need to clarify that. We leased all hunting privileges, there was about 150 acres of ag fields (leased to the farmer) which we had permission to hunt, so I shouldn't have said we had the "land" leased. Sorry for the mixup but I think we should still get some money back (I don't even know this cat's full name, and our president aint the greatest on getting stuff done.)

Just 1 More

Just some quick math... $400,000 for some land,,, @ 5% interest for 30 years = $2,100 PER MONTH for the next 30 years.. Get 4 people to go in on it together,, thats now $525.00 per month per person for the next 30 years.. You must have a lot of wealthy friends... not very many people I know can come up with and EXTRA $525.00 PER MONTH.. EVERY MONTH,, for the next 30 years :rolleyes:

CAL

Het Frank,
Ya better get ya pencil out again and sharpen it up,lick the point too cause ya can't buy enough good hunting land around here for $400,000.00 that will be large enough for 4 hunters.I know of 300 acres in this county that sold for $3000.00 an acre just recently!I'm talking about woods,no open land.This property was purchased for recreation purposes too.
Being a tax accessor,I have access to these records so I know what I am talking about!

Rebel 3

One of the leases I have been in for the last 5 years is a fairly old hunting club. Weyerhuaser paper comapany was the third company to own the land in the club's existance. It was sold last year to timberland investment company. Weyerhuaser notified us that it was sold and said the new owners would contact us. Well they never did, so we hunted it all of last deer season and this turkey season. We called them last week and they said they were going to renew our lease, but it is for sale. I hope it does not sale this year. I am scared to see how much they raise the lease price this year. :( We were paying $8.40 an acre in Putnam. This year I started a new club that is going to be mostly coworkers and friends just in case my other club is sold. I made sure to lease from a private land owner this time.