• C

Votes: 22 22.7%
  • D

Votes: 13 13.4%
  • F

Votes: 18 18.6%

• Total voters

Jody Hawk

How was your season? Give it a grade. I gave mine a "C". While I did take a mature gobbler on public land, I was disappointed that my club didn't come through for me. Most of the gobbling that I heard was from the roost. I heard very little gobbling once they hit the ground. I had two mornings all season that I considered good gobbling mornings. Still a beautiful spring, the dogwoods were beautiful this year. I don't know about y'all but dogwoods and turkey hunting go together for this ole boy. I want to thank the good Lord for giving me another spring to be out in his creation and hunt this magnificent bird. Already looking forward to March 2006 !!!!!!

...... one more thing, really want to say that I enjoyed the time spent with my Woody's brothers who I have met and become good friends with through talking turkey here at Woody's. Gobblingdawg, Arrow3, Al33 and Missing Ridge.

Echo

Gone But Not Forgotten
I would have to give it an "A' since I limited out,but as I mentioned in another thread the hunting was very tough this year with turkey numbers down on my Screven county club and high water conditions on Ft. Stewart for much of the season.Gobbling was pretty strong at the start of the season but seem to fade off earlier than usual as they went into April.

gobbler10ga

B- I killed 2 nice birds but didnt hear or get to work as many as I would have liked only worked 3 birds
I did kill a good copperhead this mornin

dominantpredator

Killed my limit. Called one in for my wife's first chance and she missed the shot. Also called two in for my 9 yr old son who only got a chance on the second time around. And, he too was just a little too excited to close the deal. Oh well, called a lot of birds and spent some good times in the woods with friends and family. A for me.

Attachments

• April 23,2005 turkey 001.jpg
    April 23,2005 turkey 001.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 55
  • spring pics 2005 008.jpg
    spring pics 2005 008.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 63
  • Spring Turkey May 6,2005 003.jpg
    Spring Turkey May 6,2005 003.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 62

Timbo

I would have to give it a "F" for not killing one.

But I will give "A+" on the fact that we are hearing and seeing signs is awesome.I just cant wait till next year!!!!!!!!!

Greg Tench

Id have to say an A. Took 2 nice gobblers,9 1/2 & 11" beards. Heard a lot of gobblin but not as much as last yr. Watched a tom mate with 3 hens and passed on a flock of jakes. A pretty good season, Im happy!! :clap:

Al33

I gave it an A, but...........

I have heard more gobbling in previous years on the same piece of property. I did however get two mature toms off of it and I had had not done that before. So, I have to give the season an A if for no other reason than the two toms.

Unlike past years on this property, the gobbling all but shut down the last two weeks, whereas in the past, gobbling could be heard up until the last day.

Another reason for the A is that I got to make some more great memories hunting with Missing Ridge. :banana: Come to think of it, I guess I would have to give it an A based on that alone. ;)

turk2di

Dominatepredator, nice pics! Here in Ky, i'd give my season a B. Gobblin was sparse and after the first week, it turned rainey and coolish for the most part. But we knew going in that the 03 hatch was less than optimum. I didn't hunt very well either, made a few mistakes a 16 yr vet shouldn't make. That figured into my score as well. Called in two for my son and one for a co-worker, or it woulda been a C:type: :D:

gabowman

I gave it a "B". Because my daughter plays softball and my hunting is limited, I dont get to stay in the turkey woods too much and when I did go I didnt hear too much gobbling this year. Where I hunted there just wasnt much sign to go on. I would say that when it comes to turkeys I catagorize myself as a "pleasure hunter" and definitely not a die-hard but all in all it's still fun. If the good Lord is willing I'll be back in the woods some next March/Apr. after them again.

GB

GaDeerSlayer

I gave this season an A+++

I was fortunate this season and had the oppurtunity to hunt a good bit and it paid off! :cool: I was able to kill 3 mature gobblers, one of which was my best ever and will be getting stuffed. Called in 2 for my dad, 2 for my buddy, and a few others that we could'nt seal the deal on...Now I just got to find a way to pass the time til next turkey season...

AliBubba

Although I didn’t get a turkey, I saw 2 to 3 hens every time I was out. I really enjoyed listing to “hen talk” .. it seems that the hens can produce many more sounds than putts, clucks, purrs, yelps, etc..

A B for me..

Last edited:

Gadget

I gave it an A, my best season ever! The last three years actually have been great for me; 3 in 2003, 5 in 2004, and 5 in 2005

I'll probablly only kill one next year now!

I hunt hard for my birds, and usually the more time you spend in the woods the more sucessful someone is and the last three years are no exception, I've hunted harder than I ever have so that lends itself to my sucess.

buckaholic

I give it a B+

I will have to rate the season a B+...It was real tough in every place I went. I did end up getting 3 of the 4 for my single season slam and I was a mere 50 yards from the Osceola....oh well maybe next year.

GrandSlamHunter

A+ year

Didn't get to hunt as much as I would have liked. Started the year with 2 Osceolas, then 1 on the GA opener, then blew it on a bird at 20 yards by not being ready. :banginghe Called in 2 birds for friends, the last one yesterday. :clap: All total, in 6 mornings hunting alone, I killed 3 birds and blew an opportunity. In 4 mornings calling for friends, they took 2 birds which I enjoyed most of all. Not a bad season! :fine: :fine: :fine:

GSH

MISSING RIDGE

Gone But Not Forgotten
2005 season

Well the alphabet and precentages just do not go high enough to rate my turkey season this year because:

I got to hunt more than I expected with my GOOD BUDDY Al-he carried me on my first turkey hunt in 2000-the rascal gave me the Pesky Critter desease and I believe it's terminal.

Got to take two pretty good gobblers on the south Bartow property.

Didnot keep count of the times I heard birds. But did see 4 good gobblers besides the ones killed. We did not see hens this year at all-kinda strange-called several hens in before on this property.

Heard a lot of gobblin up until the last two weeks of season.

Got to hunt a whole lot more this year (only twice last year). The woods were beautiful-enjoyed just being out in God's creation -there is something soothing and calming about just being there and I needed that this year.

BassWorm

I gave my turkey hunting a "C" because even though I learned more about turkey hunting and felt more confident doing it, the harvest part just never came through for me this year. I did enjoy the time in the woods while its still cooler and watching the woods green up and the deer reappearing since deer season. No problem. :fine:

GobblingDawg

I give my results an A+++ seeing how I did manage to limit out on public land with very limited time to hunt. But overrall, I feel that due to the lack of 2-3 year old birds, gobbling was way down.
:cry: :cry: :cry:

I think I only heard 12 or 13 different gobblers this season and 6 or 7 of them were on 2 mornings. That doesn't leave many more turkeys to hear for the rest of the time that I spent in the woods!!!!

Go Dawgs and come on March,
GobblingDawg

I, too, enjoyed the friendship and stories that we shared this season, Jody and Arrow3. And Brandon, I have your homemade call all but done (minus the warning label :bounce: )!!!

Arrow3

I gave mine a "C".....I killed two birds but an did I ever have to hunt hard for them...I sure hope to find a place to hunt by near with more turkeys on it....My best places didnt produce for me this year...

I also am glad to have formed the friendships that I have with GobblingDawg(Jack) and Jody Hawk....These are friendships that will last a lifetime... :clap:

BubbaD

Gave mine an A! My Father, My life long friend and neighbor SCPO and myself all score our first birds this season on the same day. Heard gobbling every time out. Learned alot more each time out. Cant wait till next year! :cheers:

rip18

I gave me a "D" solely because I did not get out as much as I would have liked - too many travel & early morning work commitments - all my fault.

I did spend a few great days in the woods this year. I didn't take anybody turkey hunting this year, which is a switch from the last couple of years. Also didn't kill a bird this year, which is a switch as well.