Add our club to the list of victims

duckbill

A company bought our 1300 acre tract and kindly increased the lease rate from $9.50/acre to $15.00/acre. How's that for a kick in the gut? Now were stuck trying to get some extra members for this year.
This really sucks! :banginghe :banginghe

Can you believe $5.50/ acre increase? That's just blatant "stick it to the hunter" crap. :hammers:

Woody's Janitor

Don't pay it!!! Dump them !!

Gone Fishin

Below is the quote that is causing all of the problems. I WON'T PAY THAT.

"I guess they know if yall don't pay for it, someone will."

Meriwether Mike

Been there. Done that. Good luck finding a new lease.

Timbo

Man,that is not good.Sounds like they wont you off the land :mad:

duckbill

I'm thinking they want us off the land. The other possibility is that they're "fishing" for that top dollar. I'm going to contact them and see if I can't figure out what they're up to. Webster County is probably considered an average deer county. Certainly not worthy of "$15/acre ".

Nugefan

Guess it's

a sign of the times , don't let it go ..I know it's legal "rape " but what are we going to do ?

PWalls

duckbill said:
I'm thinking they want us off the land. The other possibility is that they're "fishing" for that top dollar. I'm going to contact them and see if I can't figure out what they're up to. Webster County is probably considered an average deer county. Certainly not worthy of "$15/acre ".

I hunt in Webster, Stewart and Marion counties. No way is that worth $15/acre.

whitworth

Well it's a new owner with new ideas and so much invested. How does the new lease fee compare with the present cost of the land? Remember, the new owner certainly must have a higher cost basis for the land, than the previous owner.

If the price is outrageous, it's outrageous. No one has the barrel of a gun put to their head and made to sign a lease. Too many hunters chasing too little land will increase the cost.
I figure there are around five deer hunters for every square mile in Georgia. As long as there are hunters available to lease land, the value of the land will reflect the value of the leases in a given area.
25 hunters would have a little over 50 acres each on 1300 acres. It would run around $800 dollars each, for those 25 to pay the base lease.
Is it worth $800 dollars for a deer hunter to have 50 acres to hunt?

It's up to the leasee to accept or reject an offer, based on real or imagined value.

H

HT2

Duck........

duckbill said:
A company bought our 1300 acre tract and kindly increased the lease rate from $9.50/acre to $15.00/acre. How's that for a kick in the gut? Now were stuck trying to get some extra members for this year.
This really sucks! :banginghe :banginghe

Can you believe $5.50/ acre increase? That's just blatant "stick it to the hunter" crap. :hammers:
Depends on how good the hunting is.......IMO..........

The lease I'm on now is purdy "pricey" and if it was to go "UP"........I'd pay it......

Rebel 3

What company bought the lease? Hope it was not Timberland Investors INC. They bought ours and told us we would recieve the bill soon.

Prices only go one way............maybe the path of least resistance would be to wait, and wait, and wait to return the invoice..........if enough guys play the game long enough and the money doesn't come in to these businessmen, perhaps they will rethink the price points.

You guys ante up the cash right away and that gives a signal that maybe the prices are still too low. Play the waiting game. Patience is key in negotiation. After all, YOU still have your money in your wallet.

What role do real estate agents play in these land sales to prospective owners as far as leasing prospects, if any? Are they making higher land price assumptions on higher lease rates down the road?

There are alot of other opportunities for Do-It-Yourself hunts across the nation if you are so inclined to hunt cheap and enjoy a week running whitetails. Do the work and the math may make some sense. And you may kill a brute while you are at it. Big, massive whitetail racks aren't only found in Georgia.

Add up all your expenses and figure out what all your odds-n-ends run you per year..........then figure out where those dollars may take you somewhere else. And another point, just for thought.........if they want to charge you 15 bucks per acre.........what are THEY doing to deserve that? Are they providing locked gates/controlled access? Food plots? Think about it.

Bucky T

GONetwork Member
Chippewa Partners said:
Prices only go one way............maybe the path of least resistance would be to wait, and wait, and wait to return the invoice..........if enough guys play the game long enough and the money doesn't come in to these businessmen, perhaps they will rethink the price points.

You guys ante up the cash right away and that gives a signal that maybe the prices are still too low. Play the waiting game. Patience is key in negotiation. After all, YOU still have your money in your wallet.

What role do real estate agents play in these land sales to prospective owners as far as leasing prospects, if any? Are they making higher land price assumptions on higher lease rates down the road?

There are alot of other opportunities for Do-It-Yourself hunts across the nation if you are so inclined to hunt cheap and enjoy a week running whitetails. Do the work and the math may make some sense. And you may kill a brute while you are at it. Big, massive whitetail racks aren't only found in Georgia.

Add up all your expenses and figure out what all your odds-n-ends run you per year..........then figure out where those dollars may take you somewhere else. And another point, just for thought.........if they want to charge you 15 bucks per acre.........what are THEY doing to deserve that? Are they providing locked gates/controlled access? Food plots? Think about it.

That's good advice CP.

Tommy

short stop

DO NOT FEEL LIKE THE LONE RANGER TONTO ---I leased PRIME land in Morgan co where I live - '' Had hunted it since I was a kid '' Went from 1 tiber co to another ,then another , finally a private land owner bought it 2 yrs ago rent did the same thing ---he wanted $18 an acre :crazy: I backed out '' Things change from yr to yr but I have never seen lease pricrs drop---SS

duckbill

I've been doing a little digging into this new company. Apparently they have several brokers who handles their properties. I'm thinking "our" broker is trying to squeeze us. I'm going to pursue the parent company and find out if this broker is on the level.

GrandSlamHunter

new landlords

If your lease was formerly Mead property, then your new landlords are Florida residents. Although I wasn't aware that they were leasing anything yet until they see how much sells. If their leasing philosophy is like their selling philosophy, they will get their price or not lease it. Good luck.

GSH

Latest posts