Tube Calls

Wetzel

How many people used a tube call while turkey hunting this spring? I've played around with one most of the winter and on and off all spring. In my opinion, I started sounding pretty good with it, but opinions vary. :crazy: Before next spring, I'd like to buy a little better tube call with hopes that the tone will be a little better. So who makes a good tube call? Do tube calls vary as much as other calls or are they all about the same? Any suggestions?

DaddyPaul

Craig's number is 912-557-4765. I have one of Craig's acrylic "biscuits" which is a little tube caller about the size of the snuff can calls. It is very small but can be played with a lot of volume if needed. He makes some with baffles and some without.

Jody Hawk

I love the sound of a tube call in the hands of someone who knows how to use one. That Walter Parrott can flat out talk some turkey on one. I have toyed around with one for several years now and still don't sound worth a flip on it. In fact, Al said that my "cutts" sound more like "putts" !!! :hair:

gobblinglawyer

Harry Burkett in Rome, GA makes one of the best.

Sorry I don't have his # here at the office, but you can find his number in the phone book for Rome.

Al33

A tube call in the right hands makes some awesome calls, but I have never mastered one. I have a few in my box of goodies. I always have problems getting the diaphams lined up properly and/or staying where they are supposed to be.

Take this for what it's worth coming from someone who can't or hasn't learned the art of using them, but I prefer the wooden tubes. :huh:

Agree with the lawyer, Harry Burkette not only makes some good tube calls, he can make them talk like Jerry Lee Lewis can play the piano. :bounce:

Latest posts