2008-2009 Bowhunting Challenge Rules and Guidelines

Duckhawk

Banned
2008-2009 Bowhunting Challenge Rules

Each Team is allowed 3 members that you are allowed to pick yourself so you have guys that love to hunt as much as you do! Each member of the team MUST be a GON Forum member by August 31,2008 to participate in the challenge.( Guys this is a season long commitment, and I hope to have some great prizes for the winners so hang in there )

This is a Team competition as well as a solo competition for the Biggest buck harvested in the 2008-2009 season.

Team Competition Sept. 13,2008 thru Jan. 1,2009 ( Sorry for all you extended Archery season counties & the Southern Region )

All entries must be harvested in Georgia

All entries must be harvested with legal archery equipment as defined by Ga. DNR

Any game law violations associated with the harvest of an entry will result in immediate disqualification.

All entries must be submitted with 3 pictures.

Each GON Forum member is only allowed to post 5 Entries.

Entrants also need to add on there post the # of points on a buck and also the spread width. Along with the longest tine length.

Picture 1 must show hunter, animal, bow ( Your deer harvest record is your proof ) You will have 7 Days from the time the animal is taken to submit the entry or the entry WILL NOT be accepted.

Picture 2 Entry on hunters big game harvest record, cover any sensitive information like social security number with a piece of paper or something, Deer harvested on a WMA or quota hunt that is not required to be recorded on your harvest record, must have a picture of the tag issued by DNR instead of the harvest record picture.

Picture 3 Must show a clear entry or exit hole to prove that the animal was indeed shot with a Brodhead. If you harvest a Buck you will need to have a picture of his longest tine as well as it's spread with a tape showing how long! ( outside spread )

You don't have to have 3 pictures if you can make all componets clear in less pictures. Thank You!

Judges will be selected. Judges will remain anonymous to participating members. Judges may participate in the contest. If a judge reveals their duties, they will be dismissed and disqualified from the contest.
Each entrant is responsible for scoring their own animal using the formula below. Judges will look at the entry and PM an acceptance or rejection to the contest director. Once 3 like votes are received by the contest director, the results will be posted. Any entries rejected will be handled in a PM between contest director and entrant. Any questions on scoring should be sent to the contest director by private message. NO DISPUTES WILL BE DEBATED ON THE OPEN FORUM.

Scoring will be as follows:
Each team member will be allowed 5 entries, 2 bucks and 3 does, total of 15 deer per team. You can enter 5 does if you like.

Does will score 50 points.

Buck scoring will be:

10 points for each antler point over 1 inch + measurement of widest outside spread + length of longest tine.
Example: an 8 point buck with an outside spread of 14" and longest tine measuring 8" will score 102 points.
8 X 10 = 80
14 outside spread
8 longest tine
____

Button bucks, with at least 1" of exposed antler on any side, and spikes will be scored using the buck formula. If you harvest a Buck you will need to have a picture ot his longest tine as well as it's spread with a tape showing how long! ( outside spread )

Once an entry has been submitted, it cannot be withdrawn.

Cheating will not be tolerated, if you have to cheat to win a small competition, you need more help than can be offered here.

Entries should be posted at maximum 7 days after harvest. No enties will be accepted after January 1, 2009.

I realize people often stay at camp for a week or more during the rut.

The decision of the contest director will be final.

Note from the director:

I think everyone has an idea of how I want this contest to go. Have fun, share information and strategy with your team mates and promote the sport.

A scoring thread will be started before the start of the season.

Good luck to all.

Prizes:

Prizes will be awarded to all 3 members of the top 3 teams in the challenge.

There will also be a prizes for the top 3 big bucks. You will need to have your buck officially scored and post the score card with the entry! Scoring will be Gross, everything he's got! Score him the way he was when you kill him!

I kept the same basic format of last years challenge a few minor changes but nothing significant.

It's still early guys so let me know what you think! These can be revised or stay the same.
Hope to hear from you!

Guys please don't delete you entry after you have submitted it on the entry thread. It screws up the numbers and can make it difficult to add up your score! We can tell if you entry has been deleted so you might think that you are sly but think again!

If you delete from here on out, it is 10/19/08 @ 2:47PM, you will be penalized the amount of point that you attempted to enter!

Example:

You enter a Doe and delete you entry you will lose 50pts. from your teams total.

You enter a Buck that scores 112 you will lose those points from your teams total!

Nick

I want this to be an intense competition, you can pick your own team if I pick the teams you might have one guy who puts in 100% and 2 that put in 10% I want everyone to have guys that are passionate and have the same addiction as you do!

Last edited:

Hunter Haven

??? what about pic or pics of entry wounds???

especially once the firearms season starts...

Duckhawk

Banned
Problem Solved

BowChilling

Sounds like fun Duckhawk! I know these contest can be a pain to run so I'd like to say thanks in advance for the work you'll be in for!

matthewsman

I'm pickin' up what you're layin' down..

But you might want to allow the southern zone season the full measure even if you decide to still exclude the extended season metro counties...:huh:

Arrow3

But you might want to allow the southern zone season the full measure even if you decide to still exclude the extended season metro counties...:huh:

ummmm no....That wouldn't be fair to us northern zoners...:bounce:

Duckhawk

Banned
Mathews man why would we do that? Do you think it is easier to kill a deer in the north vs. south!

matthewsman

I'm huntin' all Northern zone

So it won't affect me...I just thought if it was for Ga hunters only,include the whole Ga season.

Many guys who live in the Northern zone hunt in the Southern zone too..

This contest has not,that I'm aware of,excluded the last weeks of the Southern zone season in the past...:huh:

matthewsman

Never mind,you included them..

If an entry is posted with a newspaper date that is 7-10 days old you shouldn't have a problem, 10 days to 21 days it will draw attention and probably some questions asked before allowing it, 21 days and older will probably be disqualified.

Never mind,I see you included them..:bounce:

All they have to do is buy a paper at the end of Dec. or Jan 1 and keep it.If they kill a deer in the next two weeks,turn it in.....With pics of the earlier paper and they are included..

As long as it's within 21 days,then may stand a chance of "probably" being disqualified..:rofl::fine:

That will work...:bounce::bounce::cool:

bilgerat

Senior
sounds good, but Im probly like a lot of members on here who dont know 2 other members well enough to get a team up, so you will still have to pair up some members, then you will have a bunch of newbies sign up and never post after the contest starts.
any one want to get a team started a little early??

Duckhawk

Banned
This will be equal for all hunters, and we will not accept any entries after Jan. 1, 2009. Why would you want to win if you had to cheat!

jblakehunter

Seems great, but what is going to happen with the people that dont know 2 other bowhunters on here? Is there going to be some sort of a system in place for that? Just curious...

Duckhawk

Banned
Get some friends to join the forum and start up your own team, you don't have to pick people already on here just get them to be a member and join the addiction!

PChunter

I like the pick your own team, some of us who have been doing these contest for years know who puts in the effort and who doesn't. For all of you that are new, it's a great way to keep the season interesting, and you might even get that butt out of bed on a day when you wouldn't have.

kcausey

Banned
I like the cell phone date pic rule in the turkey challenge....getting that paper is a pain in the butt.......I think taking a picture of the date of kill on your harvest record is a good idea also.....anything to eliminate that paper.

kevincox

I like the cell phone date pic rule in the turkey challenge....getting that paper is a pain in the butt.......I think taking a picture of the date of kill on your harvest record is a good idea also.....anything to eliminate that paper.

Im for that as well.