having a problem

deanos74

i have old sticky glue on some hardwood floors,what home remedy can i use to get it off

Jim Baker

Staff member
i have old sticky glue on some hardwood floors,what home remedy can i use to get it off

What kind of glue? Contact Cement, Liquid nails, Etc.

Is this something spilled or used in installation of the floors.

Are the floors Solid Hardwood, Hardwood laminate, or a pergo type laminate?

deanos74

its real hardwood, no some one put that vinyl flooring on top and it has that self glue on the back when u peel the back off.it left some of the glue on it and we are trying to get it off

Jim Baker

Staff member
its real hardwood, no some one put that vinyl flooring on top and it has that self glue on the back when u peel the back off.it left some of the glue on it and we are trying to get it off

Have tried mineral spirits?

Put some on a cloth and lay it over a spot in a inconspicous spot for a few seconds the rub with the cloth and clean up with a dry cloth.

heyfuji

Also try a little rubbing alcohol on a small spot, I say small spot so incase it messes up the finish (it should not) you can try somthing else :)

letsgohuntin

Your going to have to use something pretty hot. Down at the store, we usually recommend acetone or lacquer thinner. Just keep in mind it will be very strong smelling and be sure to kill any ignition sources in the room. If the floors need to be refinished anyway, you can just take it off with the sander.

T

tuffdawg

You need a hairdryer, Either WD-40 or baby oil and a plastic scraper. Oh and a cotton rag. Heat it up, cover in oil, scrape most up then go back over with rag. :)