Im giving up and leaving it up to YOU(the experts)

taylornelms

GONetwork Member
I would like to buy a trail camera and i need to see what you guys think.....
Here s what im looking for

1. Durability
2. Cost (id like to get two but must be under $100)
3. Picture quality is not that important
4. Must be digital
5. Must have good tech support if something breaks
6. Must be memory card capable
7. Must be dummy(taylornelms) proof

I dont have tons to spend but would like something decent thanks for any info you have on this matter.

Todd E

I'm no expert, but I don't think you will find ONE that fits all SEVEN of your expectations.

Trust me, if you want it to be as hassle free as it can in trail cam dealings....then you will need to spend a lil more money. Don't think you can cut corners and skimp with no headaches. The cheap Moultries at WM for $89 are decent cams. I just don't feel they will last. Most people start having issues. For your seven expectations......that would be my only recommendation Moultrie 4.0 from WM for $89(though I will not stand by it). Me.......partial to Cuddeback.

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
For your criteria, my favorite is still the Moultrie D-40(usually around $99). Consider good picture quality a bonus. The customer service i thought was great as i had a 4 day turnaround. yes, it was a D-40 i sent back but I'm very happy with it overall. my .02, Robert

Rocket101

I have only been using a trail cam for two seasons now. But what I am using is refurbished Stealth cams DIGRC-X and they have served me fine. Got them off E-bay for 35 dollars apeice with shipping. No problems thus far. Not the top of the line by no means. But it will take a picture and show you what is there. That is all a trail cam is suppose to do.

SheldonMOAC

Check out the latest Cabelas Archery Catalog. There are some great cameras for 2008. Also you go out to chasgingame.com, to get reviews on all brands.

short stop

$100 aint gonna get you much --mostly problems IMO
I got Moltrie I40

cuddleback is the best imo but they co$t to much for me to leave hanging aroung for thieves .

livetohunt

I have found that when it comes to trail cams, you get what you pay for...I would recommend a homebrew, and they have all you are looking for(except cost). I recommend trailwatcher.net. I have seen his cameras and the pictures and they are awesome..He is also a woody's member.

Killdee

I have found that when it comes to trail cams, you get what you pay for...I would recommend a homebrew, and they have all you are looking for(except cost). I recommend trailwatcher.net. I have seen his cameras and the pictures and they are awesome..He is also a woody's member.

Ditto