Finally!!

gabowman

Finally got a shot this afternoon. Spotted the doe grazing on acorns along the hardwood hill side before she finally gave those up and headed straight towards me perched up in a persimmon tree in a creek bottom. Once leaving the acorns she never broke stride and bee-lined straight down one of my cleared shooting lanes until she was about 3 yds away, nose on the ground, sniffing for the ripest simmons on the ground. Being in the creek bottoms the thermacell was running full blast and I was only about 15 feet high so now I KNOW they dont smell it. She was sniffing so hard even I could hear her....sounded like a hunting dog picking up a scent. Here's a pic of my first for this year:

Attachments

• DSC00004.JPG
    DSC00004.JPG
    15.3 KB · Views: 572

Smiley

GONetwork Senator District 44
Congratulations

I know how you feel! I shot my first deer of this season today also. I was begining to wonder if I was going to get one before gun season.

leo

Retired Woody's Mod 7/01-12/09
Looks good gabowman

Sounds like a winner on the thermacell scent also ;)

leo

H

HT2

Gb......

T-T-T-H-H-H-W-W-W-A-A-A-C-C-C-K-K-K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gotta love it!!!!!!!!! :clap:

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Congrats Thats a nice'un.

Meriwether Mike

Congrats on the doe. Good shot as well.

mpowell

wow, she was so close you could have just dropped an anvil on her head! congratulations on your kill.

Duff

alright Butch, congrats on getting that first one.

LAKOTA

Heck, I don't even know if I could hit one at 3yds, especially from 15' above! That was a straight shot down.

Great job Gabowman!

She looks like a nice mature doe too.