Timber Co. Now charging for Campers on Lease

Turkeycaller

The president of my club called me Friday evening and informed me the the timber compay now will be charging $50 per camper and ANOTHER $50 EACH if you have a porch or out-building also !!!!!!!!!!!!

Taliferro Co.

Anyone else heard of this?

TC

Lostoutlaw

Charge on outhouse

Must be the 10 trees they are missing :banginghe man the only thing we put up this year was a 4 tree blind using a portable handy cap toliet chair take it home when we leave but that is not why we do it who ya'll lease from :crazy:

gabuckeye

We as hunters started the trend. Many clubs began charging camp fees if you stayed in the camp. I guess the land owners feel it's only right for them to get in on the money too. I do hate to see it start but wondered when it would.

Turkeycaller

International Paper Co......are the "Thief's" !!!!!!! :mad:

I don't recall hearing or reading that the County has imposed these fee's. :huh:

I will pull my camper off their rotten land and Quit the hunting club. :eek:

Public land......"Here I Come". :clap:

TC

jason308

Turkeycaller, I don't want this to sound bad but I have a friend who has a lease that was bought by another paper company (not sure which one) that doesn't allow camping and now they have to move their whole camp. :shoot: Its crazy either way you look at it.

The "good old days" of hunting and camping in the outdoors are unfortunately changing like everything else is. :huh:
Sad....
Sorry to hear about this. :crazy:

Lady Buck Ridge

gadeerwoman

If you have seen some of the trash left by hunting clubs when they vacated the property you would be a little easier on why folks charge camping fees. I've see deer camps that looked worse than the local trash dump!! You could ride down roads thru the lease and just follow the aluminum cans, soft drink bottles and food wrappers not to mention corn bags to every stand on the place. If you take it in with you, take it out and dispose of it properly. When hunters as a whole clean up their act we might get a little more respect and a some better deals on leases.

duke13

gadeerwoman said:
If you have seen some of the trash left by hunting clubs when they vacated the property you would be a little easier on why folks charge camping fees. I've see deer camps that looked worse than the local trash dump!! You could ride down roads thru the lease and just follow the aluminum cans, soft drink bottles and food wrappers not to mention corn bags to every stand on the place. If you take it in with you, take it out and dispose of it properly. When hunters as a whole clean up their act we might get a little more respect and a some better deals on leases.

AMEN SANDRA! :clap:

The lack of respect shown our outdoor world is really sad.

Unfortunately, Georgia has enough citizens that care so little about keeping it clean that those officials hired to hunt down the littering public are simply overwhelmed. Look at all the trash and garbage strewn on your lease in years past. Tires, iron, bottles, JUNK just accumulates and few bother to do the job to get it cleaned up.

I often think the message should be taught in schools. Maybe mandatory, but then why should that be the job of the state? Where are the families and generations that should be teaching stewardship of the land?

It is amazing how much litter is left in the outdoors in this state.

rayjay

Chippewa Partners said:

I often think the message should be taught in schools. .

When I was young there was a big campaign to stop litter. The catchy phrase was:

"Don't be a litter bug ".

Hunters and campers aren't the only people throwing out their junk. Loggers leave a heck of a mess. Local yokels running up and down the dirt roads also throw out a bunch of trash, tires, appliances, etc.

Turkeycaller

Yes,
I agree there are some slops out there.........
Before you JUDGE.......KNOW WHOM you are talking about !!!!!!!!

You are welcome to check out our camping area anytime.......

TC

SADDADDY

it's a shame

our lease holder thought about charging us a fee of $40 per camper, but I told him we only would have 2 campers and no buildings they dropped the charge. We keep our campsite clean and trash free, we haul off all garbage every weekend when we leave and have clean up days through out the off season to keep everyone happy.

so I guess $80 wouldn't make or break them.

I guess this will be the new trend, I hear more people talking about camp fees lately, I can understand if the camp has to pay for power and misc clean up costs I see no problem with charging each camper a small fee.

gadeerwoman

TurkeyCaller, my post about trash wasn't meant as a slam toward your club just a reminder to all that there are clubs who leave trash around. Unfortunately, when a company or individual leases to a couple of clubs who may have left the area looking like the local dump they often pass the costs along to all they lease to.

Mossy0ak270

I honestly don't believe they are charging for the trash left around. I will agree that I too have been to some clubs that are down right nasty. I still think though that its just the way for them to make an extra dollar. Thats the way it seems to be heading and I think thats what their doing. :huh:

Larry Rooks

I know some counties had tried to tax hunting clubs becasue of campers or buldings and I thought that was ** (IT IS **) But now the timber company doing it too, now that is **, only another way to take your money and they know they have you over the barrel. If you refuse, they take the lease and someone else gets it :banginghe

Bucky T

GONetwork Member
Gadeerwoman,

I hear ya on that. You wouldn't believe the disaster the guys that used to hunt on our land left for us. 3 nasty, torn up campers, a rotten bunk house, and 20yrs worth of trash.

It's taken us a year to finally get it looking like some clean folks are staying there. We had to get a Bobcat and teardown and push out the old campers and bunk houses and, then dig up the camping area to scoop out all the years worth of glass, trash, plastic, you name it.

Our leasing agent, was thrilled that we took the time to clean everything up the best that we could.

Tommy

Turkeycaller

I got together with our club members and we read through the lease........

The county has NOTHING to do with the camping fee's........It is the Timber Co's GREEDY work.

I droped out of the club.

bull0ne

Banned
I'll play the devils advocate on this one.......

If you owned 500 acres of timberland and your management plan shows that you could cut a million dollars worth of timber off of the tract when its mature would anyone, for a few dollars, trust total strangers to be safe with fire and treat the land like its their own ::ke:

What if its a private individual and that timber will be the retirement money that allows them to quit work, could you take that chance on your future.

One of the reason some farmers will never lease their land is the fact that were living in the days of 100,000 dollar tractors, one stray bullet and all lease profits plus a whole lot more money is gone.