Child Custody Attorneys

jblakehunter

I need help. I am needing definite legal aid for a custody battle with my son's mother. I am not trying to take her rights, just establish joint custody. I would love primary, but I know that's nearly impossible and need to do whatever I can do to get something established ASAP. What I need from you great people on here, is reccomendations for a GOOD attorney that actually cares about father's rights (if possible). Any help is definitely appreciated. I was looking into Pro-bono work and the only ones that will help anyone, will only do it for the mother's in these types of cases. Please help with anything you guys can.

Thanks!

Not sure about an attorney in your neck of the woods, but check out www.divorcesource.com as a good resource on how to prepare and what types of documentation, activities and other considerations will help your case. There are also state specific discussion boards on the site on which you can post and maybe someone there will know a good attorney in GA in your area...

Good luck...gonna be an uphill battle to change the status quo...but it can be done...one thing from experience I can tell you is that calmer heads prevail and always ask how what you are asking for will impact the child because I guarantee you the courts will be looking at it from that perspective...

I ended up with shared legal and physical custody of my son and and there is no primary parent. His mom and I after a 3 month long "chess" game gave the lawyers the boot and sat down and came up with our entire settlement...

I have a great 50/50 shared custody parenting plan that we used that I would be glad to share with you and it may help give you some ideas to consider in your situation as you work through the details of how things will work for your child. Of course every situation is unique but maybe you can an idea or two...

Shoot me a pm with your email if interested...I have the document with all personal info purged on my home PC and will be glad to forward it to you this evening...

Slayer

Stop looking.......!!!!!! Pat Fox in Fayetteville.....part of Mcnally,Fox & Grant

Fox, Patrick J - Mc Nally Fox & Grant
(770) 461-2223

he is the best...and he's not part of the Griffin Social Club!!!!

All the Lawyers in Griffin are on the same Dang softball team!!!! Stay away from the Good 'ole boys from Griffin!!!!

Grumpyhtr

hey jblakehunter;
its 'carl'the handicapped guy from the hunting club last yr.
sorry you're going thru something like this.wish there was someth' i could do or recommend.i got custody of my kids and had alkinds of proof an evidence against her,but that was a few yrs back and in a different cty.the advice about getting a lawyer not a member of the "good-oboys" club was top notch and highly recommended.
best of luck,call sometime.

Perry Hayes

Today is your lucky day. My Lawyer is just down the road from you and will get the job done. I was in your position and I ended up with full custody. Catherine Baity 706-647-5466.

Jake Allen

Good luck JBlakeHunter. I traveled that road 16 years ago and
would not wish it on an enemy. Try to put your kids first in all decisions and try not to degrade or make their mother look bad in front of them. It will all work out, most likely take a while though.
Be patient and be ready to swallow some pride.

crackerdave

Good luck JBlakeHunter. I traveled that road 16 years ago and
would not wish it on an enemy. Try to put your kids first in all decisions and try not to degrade or make their mother look bad in front of them. It will all work out, most likely take a while though.
Be patient and be ready to swallow some pride.

Wise words.

Please don't let any lawyer persuade you to use your kids as weapons in this fight. I believe there is a special place in the hot place for lawyers who will stoop to such tactics as insinuating the father has molested the kids.I've not experienced a nasty custody fight myself,but I've sure known a lot of folks whose lives were ruined by scumbag divorce lawyers.
I realize there are good lawyers out there who really care about people more than money,but they're scarce.
A lawyer acquaintance of mine asked me once: "Dave,you know the difference between a lawyer and a catfish?" "No,"sez I. "One is a scum-sucking bottom-dweller,the other's a FISH!":bounce:

MudDucker

Staff member
Wise words.

Please don't let any lawyer persuade you to use your kids as weapons in this fight. I believe there is a special place in the hot place for lawyers who will stoop to such tactics as insinuating the father has molested the kids.I've not experienced a nasty custody fight myself,but I've sure known a lot of folks whose lives were ruined by scumbag divorce lawyers.
I realize there are good lawyers out there who really care about people more than money,but they're scarce.
A lawyer acquaintance of mine asked me once: "Dave,you know the difference between a lawyer and a catfish?" "No,"sez I. "One is a scum-sucking bottom-dweller,the other's a FISH!":bounce:

Come on Dave...first you say you haven't been in one, but then you bash lawyers. I don't do this kind of work, but several of my good friends do. Lawyers don't suggest these kinds of tactics, the adults who used to love each other do this whether the lawyer wants them to or not. You will never see a more acrimonious situation between 2 people than what you see in a divorce.

As a wise old judge once commented to a ranting woman in a divorce case:

Mam, this court did not pick this man for you or make you marry that man you are now calling everything in the book other than the good book. You at one time were in love with him and thought he was wonderful. :smash:

Mam, this court did not pick this man for you or make you marry that man you are now calling everything in the book other than the good book. You at one time were in love with him and thought he was wonderful.

Variation on that is " You were the one that picked him/her to be the father/mother of your children, your children didn't pick either of you. How did the concerned parent you're now telling me you are make such a bad mistake in judgment?"

Usually the answer is a long period of silence.

chuckb7718

How did the concerned parent you're now telling me you are make such a bad mistake in judgment?"

:cool: