Online Home Study School

Sterlo58

Might want to call someone at the Pennsylvania Dept of Education

fulldraw74

I had heard that transfering credits was sometimes a hit or miss thing...

I guess if your looking to transfer credits too or from it may pay to keep looking.....

thanks for the info

He a little info on the accrediation process and the differences between regional and national......just determine what direction you want to head with schooling before starting.

http://www.elearners.com/guide-to-online-education/regional-and-national-accreditation.asp

Last edited:

BoxerLuvr

I had heard that transfering credits was sometimes a hit or miss thing...

I guess if your looking to transfer credits too or from it may pay to keep looking.....

thanks for the info

He a little info on the accrediation process and the differences between regional and national......just determine what direction you want to head with schooling brfore starting.

http://www.elearners.com/guide-to-online-education/regional-and-national-accreditation.asp

fulldraw74, thanks for the info and assistance.

Won't have to worry about transferring any credits.
To be truthful, this is for my wife, she need s to get out of the job she has now and was looking for something she could train for online. She thinks she would like to be a Pharmacy Technician. Both of these online schools offer training for that. HOW GOOD IT IS ..... well ???

fulldraw74

fulldraw74, thanks for the info and assistance.

Won't have to worry about transferring any credits.
To be truthful, this is for my wife, she need s to get out of the job she has now and was looking for something she could train for online. She thinks she would like to be a Pharmacy Technician. Both of these online schools offer training for that. HOW GOOD IT IS ..... well ???

I'm enrolled in Ashworth now..... I've been in Construction Management for 15 years now and just wanted to get some type of degree (just to say i did it). They offer an associates degree in Const. Mgmt. so i figured why not. I did a TON of research about on-line schools before deciding to enroll.... Good luck to your wife with whatever she decides.....

Jranger

I'm at University of Phoenix online, you might want to look into there course options. They are fully accredited, and I can attest it's no degree mill, I have had to work hard to accomplish my goals there, but I wouldn't want it any other way. Hope will be an option with this school shortly as well. Good luck to your wife, it's never to late to continue your education!

BoxerLuvr

I'm at University of Phoenix online, you might want to look into there course options. They are fully accredited, and I can attest it's no degree mill, I have had to work hard to accomplish my goals there, but I wouldn't want it any other way. Hope will be an option with this school shortly as well. Good luck to your wife, it's never to late to continue your education!

Thanks, that's another option for me to check out.

Thanks everyone for the help.

dixie

BL, while I know nothing of the school you listed I can tell you that on-line classes can be as hard and sometimes harder than in-class instructions. The transfer of credits can drive you crazy also. Make sure whatever school your wife decides on is accredited and will accept credits from the other schools your wife's attended. Mine went though that working on her RN degree a little while ago. It drove us both crazy for a while

Darcy

Look into some of the local technical schools as well! Most have classes/programs aimed at working adults, and plenty of online classes available --- as are the eCore programs offered through the University system of Georgia. They'll transfer about anywhere within the state, and to some out of state schools.

Plus, using a georgia college/tech school, she may be eligible for financial aid.

fulldraw74

Ah, First hand experience, That's what I needed. :bounce:

So, You obviously like it. :huh:
Good luck in your goal for an Associates degree. :cool:

I have not had a bad experience with them..... The classes are pretty challenging and definitely not a "cake walk".

BoxerLuvr

BL, while I know nothing of the school you listed I can tell you that on-line classes can be as hard and sometimes harder than in-class instructions. The transfer of credits can drive you crazy also. Make sure whatever school your wife decides on is accredited and will accept credits from the other schools your wife's attended. Mine went though that working on her RN degree a little while ago. It drove us both crazy for a while
Thanks, I don't think that there will be a need to xfer credits, she just needs to learn a trade. i can see where the online course could be more difficult by not having an instructor near by to answer questions or clarify things.

BoxerLuvr

Look into some of the local technical schools as well! Most have classes/programs aimed at working adults, and plenty of online classes available --- as are the eCore programs offered through the University system of Georgia. They'll transfer about anywhere within the state, and to some out of state schools.

Plus, using a georgia college/tech school, she may be eligible for financial aid.

Now that you mention it, I believe there is a Dekalb Tech branch not more than 5 miles from here.

I wouldn't be opposed to some financial aid. :bounce::bounce: