Weird lights in the woods

dannybrig11

Now I know I am not crazy but I wonder if any of you have ever seen this. A few years ago I was sitting in the woods just before daylight when I started to see what looked like small sparkle light all around me, like on the leaves etc. I have seen it once or twice since then. I could swear I read somewhere what caused it but now I can't find anything on it. ,,,,and no I was not hungover, or under the influence of any mind altering substances (which I don't do !) Would like to know if there is a scientific reason for this.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
As Fulldraw said, foxfire.

7Mag Hunter

I was at Horse Creek some years back, and had set a stand
bordering a swampy area that I was sure no other hunter would
be close to me.....Had just got settled in my stand, and waited
for the 30 mins till daylight.....
Soon I see a light moving toward me from deep in the swamp..
Could not figure how the other hunter got in the woods before me, and that deep in the woods !!!!
Watched the light move around for about 10 mins and slowly fade
as daylight broke !!!!! Walked toward the area later that day to
investigate, and found the water too deep to enter !!!!
Figured it was Foxfire.....

seaweaver

I've seen distinct flashes like small camera flashes that later revealed nothing. Once or twice a stand sitting.
cw

JW2

I looked up foxfire. Sounds pretty cool. I'll be looking out this season! :)

Jjohns

At my borthers food plot 3 or 4 years ago we got a pict and at the top of it was a big round shaped light but it was in the top of the pines and hour later got it again but it was bout 3 ft off the ground not sure what it was but I know it could be swamp gas.

I have never heard of foxfire. some years ago some scientist came down here in the swamp and said it's swamp gas that will make a light like that.

Killer41

I have seen something kind of like the aurora borealis in georgia, it was about 4am and a long steak of light came across and disappeared, it was pretty cool looking.

when I was a kid I found a stick while deer hunting with foxfire on it. I brought it home with me and it glowed for about three days before fading. It looked like fungus on the bark in the light, but glowed pretty well. The pics in that link look green, but this looked more white.

dannybrig11

Thanks all. I read up on Foxfire and I am sure that is what I saw. I hope I get to see it again as it is really pretty cool. The one area I was in had it everywhere and it looked like the woods were glowing.

NWS

Google - Paulding Light if you want to see some interesting reading on wierd lights.

This thing has been occurring every night for years and nobody can figure it out. I have been up there to see it and it is very eerie.

JFKFLA

Paulding Lights

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OBzEs9baq5M&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OBzEs9baq5M&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

pnome

cars-extra-11.jpg

It's the GHOST LIGHT!!

chuckb7718

I've seen distinct flashes like small camera flashes that later revealed nothing. Once or twice a stand sitting.
cw

I've seen exactly the same thing! I've asked buddies if they've seen 'em and they have told me no. I even asked my eye Dr. about them and he did'nt know what I was seeing, but I KNOW I've seen 'em out of the corners of my eyes! Little bright flashes just like a trailcam going off, but there wasn't a trailcam there! Not to derail this thread, but what was THAT??

Blue Iron

Banned
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OBzEs9baq5M&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OBzEs9baq5M&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Somebody needs to tell them get to get off the train tracks.....