My North Georgia Trout!

Meriwether Mike

I spent the weekend up in the mountains and also got in some fishing at Cooper Creek and Rock Creek. The rain and high waters had made many changes to the creeks and some of my holes were no longer there. I managed to get four over at Cooper Creek and I have attached a picture of my eight fish limit from Rock Creek. Rock creek had been heavily stocked, but had been hit hard so it took several hours to limit out. I caught one brown and seven rainbows. The brown was 9 1/2" and the biggest rainbow was 13 1/2". Enjoy the picture!

Attachments

• fish.jpg
    fish.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 616

Thunder

Congrats! Very nice mess of trout. I need to get back up in the TN mountains again....been way too long. Thanks for a picture reminder of what I've been missing! :D

Kdog

Nice fish Mike! I would like to get with you some time so we can share places that we fish. I have never fished either of the two steams you mentioned.

Congrats,
Kdog

Meriwether Mike

Hey Kdog!

Both Cooper Creek and Rock Creek are on the Blue Ridge WMA. They are both fished pretty heavy, but persistance will get you some of the hold over trout. I would be glad to show you where they are sometime. I also want to try Noontootla Creek which is on the Blue Ridge WMA sometime myself. It is a one fish a day limit, artificial bait only and it must be over 16 inches to keep. If I could get one over 16 inches he would probably visit Woody. I read that you can catch lots of 13 and 14 inch trout over there which would be fun.

TurkeyCreek

nice fish Mike.....good lookin supper..

i've fished rock creek a good bit and you are right about it being heavily fished. i usually stay away from the area around the campground.

H

HT2

Ss.........

AH YES!!!!!!!!!!

Cooper Creek.....

I've pulled a few out of that little creek before.....

I love it up thar.......

Nice mess of fish!!!!!!! :cool: :clap:

short stop

NICE STRING :clap: takes me back to them golden days .fishin all summer catchin trout all over N . GA . . Dont fish much any more but sure wish I could .nice picture. SS

Kdog

We usually fish up around Helen in the Hooch (primarily) and then hit some of the others like Smith, Soque, Chickamungua, Tallula, etc... It would be nice to fish some different water some time, but I usually only get up there 2-4 times per year.

Kdog

leo

Retired Woody's Mod 7/01-12/09
Way to go Mike

Looks like an enjoyable day :clap:

leo

garider01

Love to fish north of Dahlonega.Waters and Boggs Creek is an excellent place to catch a limit of browns,rainbow or brook trout

Last edited: