called in a Red Fox...... photos

5-29-05:

Since there is nothing for me to hunt lately I decided to go mess with the Minaska outdoors Bandit e-caller out in the woods. I figured for some fun I would go try and call in some raccoons. I went to the first spot and within 2 minutes I had a big coon climb down the tree about 10 feet away from me. I assume that he saw me set out the call and was watching me sit there so he didn't want to play my game.

I went to another spot and set up the caller inbetween a creek and some tall grass. I called with some coon pup sounds for roughly 4 minutes and to my suprize a nice red fox comes out of the taller grass comes towards me and the caller (quickly). I hurried to get the lens off my camera and take some photos. I was expecting a slower coon so you can imagine my tardiness on the shutter...... I only got these 2 pictures as the fox quickly closed the distance and winded me then spooked off.

100_0503fx.JPG

100_0504fx.JPG

I will have to try this "off season" calling a little more, it was pretty fun.

thanks,
bl00dtrail

DSGB

Cool! I watched a male and female chase each other around a hay field a few years ago. They are beautiful animals.

Branchminnow

GONetwork Senator Area 51
Enjoyed that keep those a coming.