GA Alligator Guides???

jcw

Does anyone know where I can obtain a list of guides for this coming year's GA gator hunting season? I have saved all GON articles relating to gator hunting the past two years and while there are some names in there, no contact information is provided. As I already have two rejections I should be chosen for this year's hunt and I want to look into all of my options. Any help would be much appreciated.

groundhawg

Came here to request.....

Came to the hunting tread today to request the same information, and saw your message. My Son and I each have 2 reg. notices and hope to be chosen for either the Lake Eufuala or Lake Semeniole area(s).

I also am shopping for one of the muzzy gator getter arrow sets if anyone has one to sell.

Thanks.

sasmojoe

If you are looking for somone on the GA. coast, I would contact Wendell Harper. He works out of Two Way Fish Camp in Darien, Ga.

jcw

Thanks for the info.
I was starting to think that I would never hear any responses. I am not sure where I will get a tag, but if it is on the coast I will most definitely contact him.
Thanks a million.

Judson

rip18

Wendell is a good bet for the coast. Me & my buddy have two rejection notices this year, so we expect to be drawn. If anyone needs help after we get ours, shoot me a PM.

BTW, it will soon be time to start scouting for the big mud lizards if you plan to get drawn... Actually, some scouting is already occurring, but it will get serious here in a few weeks.

Dep6

I done been promised to a soldier coming home from Iraq, he has a double rejection notice as well. Harpoons can be as fun as bow hunting if u learn. Eufuala has some big ones but I could not get one to play with me last year. My suggestion would be Seminole.

muddy_feet

Banned
Don't need a guide on Seminole just put your boat in and give it 5 minutes. It also goes for the Flint or Hoochee. I see an average of 10 or more every time on the water. I've saw a few around the 15+foot range lately.

sr.corndog

Ga Alligator guides

It sounds like there are a lot of us with two rejection notices! Good luck to all sounds exciting and can't wait!

If I recieve my notice I will need to hook up with some good old boys to hunt with if there are any takers out there! Just send me me a PM and I will respond.

Dep6

Corndog,
Let me know if u get picked, be glad to help you all I can. And what zone you get picked for.

Dep6

Seminole is loaded with the mud lizards, just be VERY wary of the stumps down there. If you go down scouting, launch out of Sealey Point Park and if you can't find any there, there ain't none!!

Researcher31726

Gone But Not Forgotten
Shayne Goddard, of LaGrange, is good. He's hunting this year on Lake Seminole, but he's, also, guiding for Lake Eufaula (Z1) and lake Seminole (Z2). His number is (706) 884-9488. Tell him Sue Jones told you about him.

GA Hunter

Guide in Zone 2

I've got a good friend that hunts big gators all the time in central Florida. He's got all the equipment, Airboat, harpoons with muzzy tips, bang sticks etc. He's a very experienced gator hunter. Neither of us got drawn this year, and he would probably be interested in guiding. He got a lot of calls for some decent money last year but they were on the coast. He wants to stay aroung here and hunt Seminole or Eufaula. Let me know if anyone is interested and what they might pay. Gas prices are crazy and he can't do it just for fun.

fatback

I can second the recomendation for Shayne Goddard. Good huinter and a great guy, been hunting with him for several years now, you won't find a better person to experience the outdoors with.

Tiger Rag

Jack Douglas is also a good bet on the coast, especially in the northern coastal zone -- Ogeechee and Savannah Rivers. But he will take you down south also.

He is listed with a Savannah phone number.