new truck

jeclif

just had my s10 totaled So I'm looking for a new truck anyone have or know anything about the mid size chevy caynon or is that one a gmc well either one
and thanks in advance for any help

littlewolf

toyota

i've had a tacoma for almost 5 years and it's the best truck i've ever had. Had a chevy s-10 and a ford f250 before that..

only thing i've done to my toyota (knock on wood) is maintenance..

short stop

I can give some advice about ''A CHEVY '' I have a 2005 COLORADO Z71 4 door by far the best pick up I have ever had ---This thing get 23 mpg on the highway20 in town '' --can pull 4000 LB ''NO SQUATING HERE '' 5 CYL 220 HP ----Have had S10 / YO YOS / RANGERS / full size 150's ---THIS truck has'em beat --Very satisfied with mine got good gas mileage and preformace of a full size plus can carry they whole family out and still look nice . ----YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR ---- Short stop

GeauxLSU

short stop said:
I can give some advice about ''A CHEVY '' I have a 2005 COLORADO Z71 4 door by far the best pick up I have ever had ---This thing get 23 mpg on the highway20 in town '' --can pull 4000 LB ''NO SQUATING HERE '' 5 CYL 220 HP ----Have had S10 / YO YOS / RANGERS / full size 150's ---THIS truck has'em beat --Very satisfied with mine got good gas mileage and preformace of a full size plus can carry they whole family out and still look nice . ----YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR ---- Short stop
Well there you go. May also shoot Dawn2Dusk a pm (since I guess he's never gonna' show his mug again). He has one.
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

littlewolf

allow me to reiterate - my toyota is 5 yrs old - nothing done to it but maintanence. talk to the chevy/ford guys with 5 yr old trucks and see if they can say the same thing...

it's got 131k miles. V6. 20 mpg. tows over 5000 pounds. has 4 doors. tons of clearance.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Last edited:

hansel

Ford

I have a 2000 F-250 super duty with the 7.3L turbo diesel, and with over 100,000 miles runs better than the day I bought it.

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
littlewolf said:
allow me to reiterate - my toyota is 5 yrs old - nothing done to it but maintanence. talk to the chevy/ford guys with 5 yr old trucks and see if they can say the same thing...

it's got 131k miles. V6. 20 mpg. tows over 5000 pounds. has 4 doors. tons of clearance.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Well here's a Chevy guy with a 5 yr. old truck willing to talk. I have a 99 S-10 ZR2 4x4. Never been in the shop. I change the oil and air filter on schedule and it is as smooth as day one.

jason308

short stop- Is that Z71 a 4X4 as well? I went to look at them when a buddy was thinking of buying one and the lot was full of Z71 Colorados, but all of them were 4X2. I still don't understand the 4X2 wannabes. My Z71 is a 4X4!!!!!!

short stop

no mine is a wanna be 4x2 ::ke: with rails below the doors '' A must have '' -you cant tell the diff just lookin at em -- :D I got a guy who has the 4x4 z71 same truck only gets 22 mpg --- He let me drive his and I was convinced --I drive highway miles to work ,and all my hunting land has a tractor and good roads-- I am way past the off road stage fellas --ins cost not to mention my impecable driving record '' many many gold citations grasshopper ''thats why I have an ol beater 85 4x4 ranger that has had oil changes and tires and 198k miles runs turn key ''THATS A CHEVY/ FORD GUY TALKIN WITH A 20 YR OL TRUCK --yo yos are good ''mpg'' trucks but every one I ever had would not even pull a lawn mower . my $0.02

jason308

Just pickin about the wannabe 4x2's, but I don't see how I could live without my 4 wheel drive. The roads are impassible most of the time at my club in a 4x2 and you never know when your gonna need it. Insurance kills me too, but you gotta have it (I have experienced it firsthand!)