Where do you guys go to bowfish?

sleeze

I am new to the sport and I live here on Blackshear but do not know anybody that bowfish here. I would like to bowfish Lake Blackshear, Flint River, Ocmulgee, Maybe Eufala. All are within reasonable driving distance.

Do you guys ever bowfish these GA southern lakes or Rivers?

shawn mills

Any of the major lakes and rivers in Georgia are good bowfishing. Concentrate on shallows, structure and especially grass beds for carp and gar.

jaymax

ClarkHill and Savannah river are my hotspots! Several hundred lbs on good night! Catfish every year around 50 lbs...but like Shawn said..any major lakes and rivers...clearer water the better

tshawg

Down past the train trussel on the other side of Smoke Bridge is a good place on Blackshear. Lots of Gar

jaymax

Heres one of our best cats from last August and a pic of some typical carp my nephew wanted a pic with...the cat was 56 lbs. 2 oz. out of 3 ft. of water in Clarkhill

Attachments

• 151.jpg
    151.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 1,264
  • 332 (972 x 1296).jpg
    332 (972 x 1296).jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 1,296

GAX

I thought catfish were only legal on the Savannah River, unless I read the Regs wrong..Which is very possible.

Lilrock

Weiss is a very good lake it is very shallow all over and the grass beds are full of carp and gar. It is not unusual to go in a night and take a few hundred pounds or so. Will try to post some pics later.

Big Kuntry

Northwest Kentucky! Kentucky Lake, Lake Barkley, and many other creeks and small waters northwest of Clarksville, Tn. My group have been known to slay some good 55lb Grass Carp! Pics coming some!

duckwhisperer

so yea i think you should go to where they live and that is in the water. where there is water there are goin to be fish that are willin to be shot. i promise you this. oh and the gators suck big ole carp nuts. work gunna suck tmr. see ya there. and the gators duck carp nuts.