I just fried fish for the first time..

Arrow3

I just had my first attempt at cooking fish.....I battered those filets that we caught on Tuesday...I used a Zaterains fish fry mix.....I then cooked hushpuppies and french fries...On a scale of one to ten I give myself a 7 1/2.....The fish were a little salty...I also think my grease was too hot when I dropped my hushpuppies in ....They cooked to quick on the outside....I guess I just need to practice more.... :huh:

GeauxLSU

How domestic of you Arrow. Somebody rubbing off on your or :whip: you into shape?!?! ;)
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

Jewels64

I've been saving everything I catch to cook when my son gets here! Looks like a fish fry next week. Not sure about the Zatarains though, never tried that.........Just plain ol cornmeal and flour w/ salt and pepper for me! Of course the hush puppies gotta be made with beer!
BTW, Jewels is NO "domestic" woman, but I love a good fish fry!

No. GA. Mt. Man

Gone But Not Forgotten
Fish are one of the few things I can cook. Oh and Poke Salit of course.

ramblinrack

methinks you're fixin' to start doing a LOT of things for the first time, incl cookin', cleanin', honey-do and whatnot?

:whip: :whip: :whip:

:love: :rolleyes: :rofl:

Mrs. Arrow3

ramblinrack said:
methinks you're fixin' to start doing a LOT of things for the first time, incl cookin', cleanin', honey-do and whatnot?

:whip: :whip: :whip:

:love: :rolleyes: :rofl:

In Brandon's defense, he's always cooked, and I can't cook at all, so that's his area of expertise. On the other hand, he HATES to clean and I'm VERY organized and clean, so that's my area. It works out.

Arrow3

Arrow3's Girl said:
In Brandon's defense, he's always cooked, and I can't cook at all, so that's his area of expertise. On the other hand, he HATES to clean and I'm VERY organized and clean, so that's my area. It works out.

Amen to that!! I hate to clean....I actually like to cook...I always have....As long as she cleans we will be ok.. :D

dutchman

Sounds like a cook or starve situation to me.

Frying is just like any other type of cooking. You've always got to watch your "fire."

You'll get real good with just a little practice and a thermometer for your grease. 325-350 degrees should do it.

H

HT2

Brandon.........

Oh you are messin' up brother!!!!!!!

You gotta stop cookin' and start teachin' Jess to cook...........

After all that is a "WOMAN'S" job........... :D :D :D

Arrow3

HT2 said:

Tim,
Im gonna let Jessica sit beside you Friday night....Ive got a feeling you won't be talking all that SMACK then.. :fine:

H

HT2

Brandon...........

Arrow3 said:
Tim,
Im gonna let Jessica sit beside you Friday night....Ive got a feeling you won't be talking all that SMACK then.. :fine:
Oh well see..............

Ya'll are gonna be "MY GUEST"!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, ya'll ain't gonna give me to much "SMACK"!!!!!!!!! :D

Mrs. Arrow3

Tim...

Yeah, I noticed how you changed your tune when you got on the phone with me earlier today....Let that be a lesson to you....

:whip:

:D

H

HT2

Jess.........

What you talkin' bout?????????

I'm said the same thing all along........... :D :D :D :D :D

Mrs. Arrow3

Tim...

Yeah, and somebody signed in under your login and typed all those posts :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I remember.....

wuss :bounce:

H

HT2

Jess!!!!!!!!!

WUSS?????????

Excuse me??????

You better watch it young lady or me and Brandon will be goin' to the Braves game on Friday night without you...........And, then we might just venture out to some other places too........... :banana: :banana: :banana:

huntfish

HT2 said:

Tim,
Cookin is the easy part, Jess already says she likes to clean. Let's not break a good thing. I can hear Brandon next deer season, "Hey Jess, can you clean this deer so I can continue to hunt?"
::ke:

Mrs. Arrow3

huntfish said:
Tim,
Cookin is the easy part, Jess already says she likes to clean. Let's not break a good thing. I can hear Brandon next deer season, "Hey Jess, can you clean this deer so I can continue to hunt?"
::ke:

That kind of cleaning is sooo not in my job description!! :hair: I was watching Brandon filet the fish we caught last week, pretty interested in it all, until I realized the fish's gills were still moving, meaning, it was still alive!!! I 'bout died!!! ::gone:

Tim...First of all, the two of ya'll boys ain't got the guts to leave me at home....Second of all, in regards to the comment about ya'll going to some "other places" after the game, why would Brandon pay to see something he can see at home for free? :huh: :D

pendy

Jess

You keep those boys ( Brandon and Tim ) on their toes ya hear? :banana: :banana: :banana:

Mrs. Arrow3

It's a tough job, but somebody's gotta do it........And I'm just the person for the job!!