coon running times

carabrook

Gone But Not Forgotten
So what time is everyone seeing coons moving. I have checked the times on my cameras against the solar times in the GPS and they don't seem to match at all lately.

Most of ours this past month have been well after midnight right through to 5 am.

For a while there I was seeing some at 10 pm but that was short lived. Seems like we have a pretty good population going. Last year we didn't have many at all and I put it down to them moving to the lake russell shore which is only about 1 mile away with the drought. This year though, same drought and lots of coons.

Acorns were heavy as were berries at our place last year but this year the berries are really lacking. I also used to have them coming to corn at spin feeders but for the last year or more they seem to have gone off that totally. The last picture the time was off by 12 hrs on the camera.

family.jpg

CDY_0010-1.jpg

CDY_0239_edited-1.jpg

CDY_0020-1.jpg

carabrook

Gone But Not Forgotten
More coon pics

Here are some more examples over different time periods, GA Dawg................................ready to go, lol. And Blue I am betting even a pup could find some scent in this bunch.

The spin feeder ones are 100 yds from the cabin. The others are two different coon feeders that I have out with dog food and a couple are mixed in with the local doe herd come to visit.

If this doesn't get you boys motivated to go to the woods then you don't have any bllod left in your veins, lol

5Jan142006093.jpg

5Jan142006110.jpg

b056.jpg

CDY_0010.jpg

CDY_0017_edited-1.jpg

CDY_0073.jpg

CDY_0144-1.jpg

CDY_0276.jpg

CDY_0312.jpg

DFeb112007Adamvisit055.jpg

May082007265.jpg

September282006310.jpg

carabrook

Gone But Not Forgotten
with the coons

We have pictures of rabbits, cats, foxes, possum all at the various feeders at the same time as coons, go figure. Have one picture somewhere that I will have to dig up has a coon, deer, rabbit, possum all at the same time. LOL guess when they are hungry they dont much care who they eat with.

GA DAWG

This is crazy!!!!!!! Ours aint moving at all..Its gettin old to!! I need to turn my pup loose in your pen lol!!!

GA DAWG

Heres why I aint been gettin after none.Check out the times in these:hair:

Attachments

• coon 036.jpg
    coon 036.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 572
  • coon 050.jpg
    coon 050.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 562

Mwaldrop

:bangingheits so hot i dont even think about cutting loose till 12. try to make it quick drops too. but yall know how that works out!!:banginghe

carabrook

Gone But Not Forgotten
Just when

Just when I think they are following some sort of pattern they go and mess it up. Went and checked cameras on the two feeders tonight. Since sunday afternoon there has been 74 pictures. On the feeder closest to the camp they are coming out well after midnight. On the one 1/2 mile away they have been photographed as early as 8:48 pm so go figure.

Back camera
CDY_0003-1.jpg

CDY_0027-1.jpg

CDY_0035_edited-1-1.jpg

Front camera
CDY_0004-1.jpg

CDY_0239_edited-1.jpg

GA DAWG

Well it looks pretty consistant...Dont need to be turning loose at dark..The later the better..

carabrook

Gone But Not Forgotten
Last night

Ran the two older girls last night. Left camp at around 1:30 am and turned them down the first creek and they struck and ran quite a piece before getting treed. I can't honestly say there was a coon in that tree cause where it was I went in quick grabbed them up and got outta there if you know what I mean, LOL

The second drop was around 3:15 am just ran dixie and she struck quick ran a long track and went to treeing. When I got there after an 800 yd walk, lol. She was treed up solid and had one adult (sow) and at least two kittens that I could see, and she was doing her thing with style.

While at camp I pulled the camera pics and we are seeing some odd combinations of dinner guests that I would not have thought would hang out together but the pictures dont lie.

Mr Fox and Mr Coon

CDY_0013.jpg

Mr Fox and Mr Possum

CDY_0021.jpg

GA DAWG

Thats something Roger...My pup treed 1 last night...I recorded alittle of it on my phone but dont know how to put it on the net.Do you?

carabrook

Gone But Not Forgotten
todays camera shots

I think all your coons just moved over to where the feed is good at my place, lol. Went to camp tonight, filled feeders and checked the two cameras, about 85 pictures in total. The sow with the kittens is still coming in late/early however ya look at it but also got one of them at 10:44 pm and another thats hard to see but look close and there is a coon going by in daylight.

Mom and the kids

CDY_0027-2.jpg

Earliest arrivals I have seen latley

CDY_0033-2.jpg

Look just left of the pipe and you will see one going through in daylight

CDY_0049.jpg

carabrook

Gone But Not Forgotten
7/28 pictures

Went to camp tonight and pulled pics, its been since last thurs so there was about 150 pics.

This boy will be a nice hide come winter

CDY_00372.jpg

Seeing earlier travel times in the batch this week, many starting between 10 and 11

CDY_00542.jpg

CDY_0099.jpg

Foxes also seem to be active earlier than what I have been seeing for the past month.

CDY_00342.jpg

Still lots of action well after midnight though

CDY_00222.jpg

CDY_00322_edited-1.jpg

This ones not happy about something, lol

CDY_0077.jpg

Must have been a good price on the buffet this night

CDY_0097.jpg

GA DAWG

Looking good!!!!! I'm gonna get back after it this evening...If we can get after any and tree em I'll try and get some pics.

GA DAWG

Treed 2 singles and possibly a 3rd one..Could never get a light in the top on it..They were out pretty good around a big ol corn field..I got 1 pic with the cell phone it aint to good...Still not eating any out of feeders!!!!!!

Attachments

• mouse.jpg
    mouse.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 438

carabrook

Gone But Not Forgotten
GA, what are you using in your feeders? I have had no luck for the past year with corn so I went to the chepest dog food that I could find and added a sprinkle of grape koolaid powder also the cheapest I could find and that seems to really bring them in.

GA DAWG

Using bread from a day old bread company..Been using it for 2 years with no problems!!!!!!!! Now I dunno...I'm gonna start sprinkling the grape koolaid over the next ones I fill fri night...

carabrook

Gone But Not Forgotten
Hunted my two Elie puppies on Sat night. Dixie's been ill so couldnt take her but sure missed her tree power. First drop was near a feeder and the pups checked the area pretty good but did not strike anything. Flashing trees and saw a possum sitting in one and then a coon in another. I would say the coon had been there quite a while and had not come donw yet (11:30). Went back to another feeder and as we got there I saw one run off down the creek, turned the pups loose and they checked around and finally found the fresh track and struck and did a pretty good run. They did not finish the track at a tree but I was pleaseed they opened and ran it pretty hard. While standing there listening I shined the trees and found three more lay ups just sitting there. I checked the cameras at both spots and they had not been down to the feeders yet. After they lost the track we gathered them up and headed back to the first drop hoping the coon I spotted would have come down. The camera showed the coon in the feeder 15 minutes before we came back. The two pups opened and ran quite a piece up into some huge trees, they didnt get treed there either.............I keep saying patience will pay off, lol. These pups have not been hunted that much so I am happy they are opening and taking a track, treeing will come. If dixie had of been with us we would have had a riot cause she loves them layups :)