cooked rock

schleylures

Hey I might cheat but. A lot easier.Cookig rock in the ground works.cooking in a drum works to bam bam. Hey check this out on u tube bohunter cooking flint. Sharon is highly mad about the new cooker has rock in it.Does a good job.

Attachments

• points 017.jpg
    points 017.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 344
  • points 018.jpg
    points 018.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 343
  • points 021.jpg
    points 021.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 349
  • points 019.jpg
    points 019.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 351
  • points 020.jpg
    points 020.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 346

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Lookin` good Wendell! How much heat you throwin` to that chert?

schleylures

turkey cooker

I put some heat to it slow. one hundred at a time cooked it for thirty six hours at four hundred and cu it down that way also. Well Muddyfoots cut it down most of the time because I have been working on a real job.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Next batch, ease it up to 450, and hold it there a while. I believe you will like the results. ;)

Muddyfoots

Retired Administrator
Next batch, ease it up to 450, and hold it there a while. I believe you will like the results. ;)

How long, Nic? I cooked a batch from 250, easing up to 400 for 60 hrs. Wasn't what I wanted. Cooked another 12 at 400 and is ok. Got a batch in now at 400, no easing.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Muddy, once you ease it up to 450, hold it there for about 24 hours, and then ease it off. That should glass it up and probably turn it real red.

dutchman

You know what they say about folks who find an easier way to do things?

Shoulda known Wendell would be right in the middle of something like this.

The boy's thinkin', I'll give him that.

bam_bam

Cool deal Wendell, where did you get that cooker at???

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Hey Minnie Pearl, Take The Dadgum Price Tag Off The Box!!! :whip: :rofl::rofl:

schleylures

take to much energy to remove the price tag. After two weeks at a papper mill i am getting a little slow. Removing the price tag would be unsafe because i might get apapper cut.ya'll nap slow and wear your safety glasses googgles and face shields. Oh yes remember the full harras before you get out of bed. Work in teams Well never nap alone, it is unsafe. Please gentelmen go to the local hospital and get a resperator because the silica dust is a killer. Be sure to wear steel toed boots these flakes might hit your toe. Remember we do not have maids clean up after yourself. Drink plenty of fluids and do not rush.

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
You know what they say about folks who find an easier way to do things?

Shoulda known Wendell would be right in the middle of something like this.

The boy's thinkin', I'll give him that.

No kidding. I may just have to to get out my new hammerstone and antler piece and start back into working some points:cool:

schleylures

ha you do not have to start back.Muddy needs a new hammerstone, and he has never had a antler. A good friend would mail them to him instead of starting back napping. Oh yes I took twenty dollars from him in a poker game last night so he might need a loan to make it through the week.