Allatoona 9/30

Al33

Missing Ridge and I went up for a day of it Thursday and the fog was as thick as milkshake and didn't let up until almost 11 a.m.. The water is still extremely high, so much so I had a hard time recognizing a few places I am familiar with. The heavy fog didn't help either. I hooked up first with a small Spot on a purple plastic 6" worm but lost him as I was lifting him over in the boat. Butch followed with another and lost it at the boat as well. :rolleyes: ::huh: We are now zero for two, but fortunately, both fish were juveniles.

Things were kind of slow but we were getting hit enough to keep it interesting. Mind you, neither one of us have done much Fall fishing before so we were on one heck of a learniong curve. :bounce: Anyway, we continued to hook up and lose more fish. We did manage to boat a few of them and I have included a pic of Missing Ridge's big one that DIDN'T get away. :bounce:

Actually, we released all fish caught 'cause neither one of us felt like cleaning them. :eek: Everyone came off the banks and we tried fishing the points. Most came on large swirley tail grubs which Spots have a fondness for. I lost my biggest hook up when he took the bait no more than a foot from the waters edge and brought it directly to the boat at break-neck speed. I was able to keep a taut line, but when he went under the boat in the opposite direction the sudden stop caused him to break loose.

It was a beatiful day on the water and Butch and I had a great time of it. Now it's time to get back into the woods for me. :)

Al

Attachments

• BUTCH04.jpg
    BUTCH04.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 181