Where's the fleas?

Jody Hawk

Checked my beagles and couldn't find a single flea. Lulu, our pug, doesn't have a flea on her either. Here's the catch, I haven't put anything on these dogs since last summer. :huh:

The AmBASSaDEER

shouldnt have said anything. If it were me and I said that, the would be flees jumpin on them as I typed

Hardwood man

I know where they are. :(At my house on both of our Cocker Spaniels. Advantage, Frontline, collar, powder. :huh:
Nothing seems to be getting rid of them this year. Didn't see them in the carpet but had the whole house sprayed and keep seven dust around the house but the poor ole dogs are still getting them all over.:smash:
Don't know what else to do.

wranglerjoe1968

I know where they are. :(At my house on both of our Cocker Spaniels. Advantage, Frontline, collar, powder. :huh:
Nothing seems to be getting rid of them this year. Didn't see them in the carpet but had the whole house sprayed and keep seven dust around the house but the poor ole dogs are still getting them all over.:smash:
Don't know what else to do.

You have to treat the dog yard and house at the same time then treat again in 7 days so that you break the life cycle.

specialk

jody, do you use ivomec? that's all i ever use and my beagles hardly have any fleas or ticks......i don't know if that's the reason or not, but it is all i give them:huh:

twtabb

They are bad in my yard this year. have not had any for the past few years. Do they run in cycles or am I just lucky?

doublebarrel

Taliaferro and Greene County are full of them! Spent over $100 at vets and did not slow them down one bit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JuliaH

They have not seemed to find us this year either, and I sure am glad!! :)

DYI hunting

My dogs run around in the cow pastures and have been covered up. I have treated the yard and the dogs and just now am I getting a little handle on them. The require moisture, humidity and shade. I have tons of trees in my yard and this year I have been getting about one small rain/sprinkle per week. Guess I am doomed till we get a cold winter or dry summer?

BoxCallWillie

Got them bad in fl , Has any of y'all tried
Bayer Tree and shrub ? Been told by severial
beagle guys this is what they use.
I havent tried it yet, but as soon as I can get to wally world
im gonna get some .

They spray treat the yard and use 3 cc's from a syrenge right between the "Grown" dogs shoulder blades just like
putting frontline or advantage .
They swear by this the dogs dont have fleas or ticks.

If any here has used it on your dogs what were your results ??

BCW

DYI hunting

I used two types of granules per instructions and they didn't do squat for fleas, but I haven't seen the first fire ant. Maybe that is the problem since fire ants eat fleas and flea larva? I had better look luck with the drops with growth inhibitor combined with old Sevens Dust 10% scattered in the shady areas. Still have a problem, but it seems to be getting better.

JuliaH

Interesting!! Would also be interested in hearing results of trying Bayer Tree and Shrub.... ALSO the weight of dogs that are getting 3cc per dog. My dogs are between 20 and 50 pounds...most around 40ish...

Julia

im gonna get some .

They spray treat the yard and use 3 cc's from a syrenge right between the "Grown" dogs shoulder blades just like

BCW

BoxCallWillie

Interesting!! Would also be interested in hearing results of trying Bayer Tree and Shrub.... ALSO the weight of dogs that are getting 3cc per dog. My dogs are between 20 and 50 pounds...most around 40ish...

Julia

These are beagles so they Might go 25 - 35 #
Maybe someone who has used it will gives us some results
from them useing it.

BCW

Jody Hawk

im gonna get some .

BCW

Willie,
That's what I used on mine last summer. 1 cc Bayer Tree and Shrub between the shoulder blades. Mine were covered in fleas and it wiped em out. I guess it works for years after one application because I sure haven't seen any fleas on mine since. :bounce:

Oh, this new Bayer Tree and Shrub has fertilizer in it too. The bottle I have doesn't. They started putting fertilizer in it this year. Don't know if it makes a difference or not. That fertilizer might turn your beagles into coon hounds. ;)

BoxCallWillie

Willie,
That's what I used on mine last summer. 1 cc Bayer Tree and Shrub between the shoulder blades. Mine were covered in fleas and it wiped em out. I guess it works for years after one application because I sure haven't seen any fleas on mine since. :bounce:

Oh, this new Bayer Tree and Shrub has fertilizer in it too. The bottle I have doesn't. They started putting fertilizer in it this year. Don't know if it makes a difference or not. That fertilizer might turn your beagles into coon hounds. ;)

Jody
I just got rid of all my coon hounds 4 yrs ago
Man id be in trouble if it turned them into treeing beagles :rofl: .

Did you use the concentrate type that you mix
water with ?
Like you , all the guys I know say its the best thing since
sliced bread. They have NO flea problem...
Did you spray your yard and pens too?

So your useing 1cc per beagle , how much do your dogs weigh ?

Thanks Jody

BCW

``````````````````````````Rabbit Tracks Ever where```````````````>

I use Ivomec, once a month on my Beagles for Heart Worms, and have No fleas at all!

I think this Ivomec, is the answere to No fleas?

Just my thinking?

D.R.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`>>

BoxCallWillie

Daddy Rabbit
That Ivomec is good for many things internal and external
Your right ...