Boiled Shrimp last Weekend...

Nick_T

Banned
and man they were good. Seeing how folks have different ways of doing things I thought I'd post up my methiod.

Friend of mine came up Fri. evening from Ft. Walton carrying gift, a 10lb. bag of fresh shrimp. For those that don't know, fresh shrimp are a brownish color, not pink. Poured them in a large pot and dumped 2 hot cans of Natural Lite over the top and then put in just enough water to cover the shrimp. Hot beer does better than cold, I think because it foams more, but if ya want them a little stronger tasting a hot malt liquer is the ticket. Bring them to a boil, now is when they turn pink, and pull them off the heat when they just turned a bright pink and pour them in the sink and hit them with cold water immediatily. This'll stop the cooking process and keep them from getting mushy in the shell. Tarter sause or cocktail sauce seems to be the prefered dunking sauces but if done right they need no dressing. If I want something to dunk them in I melt some butter and add a little garlic salt.

Just my prefered way to do shrimp, expecially if they're good fresh ones. If ya'll do something else, lets here it. BTW, hope he comes up in the next few weeks, cause I'm placing a double order this time. Those were gone in just 2 sittings.

Nick T

pendy

Nick T

We love shrimp. Thr next time we have them I'm going to fix them in beer. Sounds good.

Do you ever put them on the grill?

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
I love FRESH boiled shrimp anyway you do them. I can eat them until I get sick if I don't watch myself. All I need is some cocktail sauce and I am good to go.

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
Sounds good Nick!

I may just have to try your tips tonight on some that I have in the fridge.... :cheers:

Btw, I like both cocktail sauce and drawn butter for dipping. Like Dustin, I can eat shrimp about anyway you serve them.

I was as at Resturant in Houston TX one time and had a dozen of large shrimp prepared 12 different ways. Man, what a platter of shrimp that was and they was all good...:D

Nick_T

Banned
pendy said:
We love shrimp. Thr next time we have them I'm going to fix them in beer. Sounds good.

Do you ever put them on the grill?

Shoot yea! wrap them critters in 1/2 peice of bacon and slow cook, sho nuff good. Probably would have done that with some of these but they weren't quite big enough. These were a mix of Med. and Large, Kinda like Jumbos when grillin.

I'm the same as Dustin and Huntnnut, shrimp just about anyway ya can fix'em. Dang, I skipped lunch, and man am I gettin hongury now!

Nick T

ssmith

best shrimp I ever had were smoked shrimp along with smoked mullet in Tampa Florida- we ate $36.00 worth before dinner and that was probably 20 years ago-delicious-

DCOMP54

Hot Shrimp

GET A FEW POUNNDS OF LARGE SHRIMP, WASH AND EVIEN. BUTTERFLY THEM. TAKE EITHER FRESH OR CANNED HOLOPENA'S(sp). SLICE THEM REMOVE SEEDS IF YOUR NOT INTO THE FLAME PART. PUT A SLICE OF PEPPER IN THE SHRIMP AND WRAP WITH THIN BACON. JUST ENOUGH TO COVER IT. DO ALL YOU HAVE, THEN SPLASH WITH DALES. DONT SOAK THEM. TOSS ONTO GRILL TILL BACON IS OK WITH YOU. MAKE SOME MEX-RICE ,TOMATOES AND OTHER THINGS AND ENJOY.

rayjay

Speaking of cocktail sauce, the stuff that comes in the pre-prepared rings at Publix is the best I have ever tasted. Too bad you can't buy just the sauce for use with other dishes.

H

HT2

Nicky T........

I like's boiled shrimp but what a pain in the butt they are !!!!!!!!!!!

I hate's peelin' them thangs......... :mad: :mad: :mad:

If'n I could just find me somebody to "peel" 'em fer me I'd be good!!!!!! :clap:

Nick_T

Banned
Once ya get good ya can just about have the first one chewed up by the time the next one is ready hit the lips. I'm a big crableg fan also, dining patients must be one of my stronger points.

Nick T

ramblinrack

did you try the buffalo shrimp at hooters nick?
i thought they were suprisingly good. i like them critters fixed most any way! yum...yum...lets eat!!!

:D :D :D

Nick_T

Banned
Haven't tried them yet but will giv'em a go now. Rack, how hard would it be for ya to make it over to Warner Robins on a Fri. evening? Got a fairly new Hooters there and thinking of getting together a gathering in mid-July.

Nick T