Childrens Influence

grassroof

I have just recently moved to Georgia from North Carolina.Basically for job reasons, and to start something new for my family.At the time I felt like it was the best thing for them, but now I am really confused about what to do, as a father, husband, and a provider.
After two months my wife continually says she wants to go home although she didn't like the small town we lived in. She has talked to the children about it, and my little girl 8 , loves Georgia, but my son 11, wants to go back to North Carolina. I am in a total state of confusion and starting to get a little depressed, because I felt like I was on solid ground.
I know the children have to be in a state of confusion also, if I am they surely have to be.
I love my little town in North Carolina, but the job market is really weak.So it is a double edge sword. I know the Lord says that worldly possesions don't account for anything , but providing for my family is my responsibilty.I can do a little better with that in Georgia, but what constitutes happiness.
Please Pray for my Family

Timberman

Change can be difficult for all involved, but usually much good comes from it. I feel I am like you, in that I don't have a problem packing up and moving on, in fact it seems to me that I get an itch and do it every ten years or so. :)

By no means am I in any form or fashion qualified to give advice on such matters. My personal experience is that after awhile when you've met some people maybe found a church to your liking things aren't really much different. I have found that everywhere people are basically the same they just have different names. :)

Your family's welfare is important as a husband and father and sometimes to provide for them change is required. I would encourage them to get out and meet some people and give it a little time. It gets better in my experience. :)

CAL

grassroof,
I agree with Timber.It can be hard for everyone involved.Sometimes we have to accept things that are better although we don't like them.I have been exactly where you are with respect to moving and getting settled in.As Timber said,as the Mrs. to make the effort to get involved in church,school, &clubs.Sometimes we find it is better in the long run.Once friends are made,I hope things will get better.

Woody's Janitor

Prayers are Sent

I hope the best for you. Try to be patient and ask God for the answers.

Vernon Holt

Gone But Not Forgotten
Children's Influence

I do not know all of the answers, but as a Father and Grandfather, I can tell you that it is extremely important that Mother and Father present a united front in the presence of the children.

I get the impression that Mother is unknowingly contributing to the unhappiness of the children. Any outward sign of unhappiness on her part will have a pronounced effect upon the children.

This is a matter that can only be resolved by the two of you coming to grips with the reality of your situation. The children should have nothing to do with the ultimate decision as to where you elect to live. The final choice should be jointly made by the two of you without any input from the Children. Once the decision is made, then there should not be any wavering on either your part or on the part of your wife.

Keep in mind that children as a rule are more adaptable than adults. One of them may be unhappy now, but time has a way healing this unhappiness. New friends will bridge the gap and help them get over the loss of friends left behind.

There is no denying that moving to a new and distant state is a traumatic experience. It can be made worse by Mother and Father sending mixed signals. The two of you must get your act together. Once the decision is made, don't look back.

Something to think seriously about.

Vernon

stumpman

Banned
I agree with Vernon about being in agreement especially in front of the kids but im going to tell you like i tell my boys some times money isnt always the best thing if yall were happy back in N.C. and you made a decent living and all your needs were met then pray for god to show you where to go and talk to your wife in private about this my brother moved from Fl to Nc and it took a while for the kids to adjust but now they are happy there i will pray for you and your family i know its hard.