Tennessee Duck Hunting????

jason308

Any of yall ever done any hunting in Tennessee? I was thinking about maybe heading to the Eastern part of the state (I have a place to stay courtesy of a friend) and what better time to do so than waterfowl season! :cool: I was thinking the Cherokee WMA area? Any suggestions on the east side of the state? 'Preciate it.

hunt-chessies

never been but i hear that they do some "swating" up there. most of what if heard about is on the western side of the state!! im sure you'll find something worth your wile!!
you can get that pup some extra work!!

Duck's and Buck's

alabama

Not in Tenn, But in NE Alabama. I've hunted over in scottsboro and guntersville on the Tenn. River. It is alot of looking and not a whole lot of shooting. I like to go though because in Rome there are virtually no ducks to speak of. At least when I go over there I see some. I shot a nice bull Canvasback over there last season but that was it. LOTS OF COOTS AND GADWALLS. There is a place called goose pond near a golf course bearing the same name it is pretty good. Get a few fishing boats keeping the birds moving. I usually go over there a few times a yr. to keep me sane in between trips to St. Charles, Ark. Good Luck, John :shoot:

MudDucker

Staff member
Been to Reelfoot Lake...don't think I'll be going back.

Duck's and Buck's

I thought that was supposed to be one of the best places in the flyway. I'm surprised to hear you say that. I've never been there though so I have no idea. i just read about it in the mag'a and stuff and they brag on it alot. Just go to ark and be done with it . :yeah:

GADAWGS

Most of the better duck hunting that I have heard of is in west TN. Post up after your hunt up there and let us know how it was. Have boat and WILL travel ( provided I can afford the gas)

MudDucker

Staff member
I read the hype and gave it a try. Some buds gave it two trys last year. I opted not to and they wondered why I was so smart. I'm sure there are times when it is hot, but it wasn't on either of those trips.

little rascal

Watts Bar

Jason I got a buddy who was doing a lot of striper fishing up above watts bar dam, haven't talked to him in a while but I'll ask him have they seen any ducks over there next time I talk to him.
Ducks and Bucks.......have you ever ran way up Oostanaula from Rome????? I'm curious, been over there and up Etowah this spring/early summer, doing the striper thingy. One day I am going way up the "Big O"!! :D

i know some guys that went up there and they said that the guides and the locals all have blinds already in all the good spots (not just any old blinds they have to have a permit just like a dock on the lake ) you cant hunt within a 1000 feet of somebody elses blind even if it is unoccupied ,so they got em all spaced out where ther aint no where to get.to keep oos ers out.