Been envious of the rabbit tales too long

Jeff Raines

So I contacted Jbax26 and money-dog about the beagles they had on here.Met up with Jbax at his weekend get away on Lake Oconee,beautiful place,looking out over a cove of the lake.Picked up a female that they'd been calling Bellah.Daughter liked that name so well,she decided to keep that name.
Then drove down to milledgeville to meet with money-dog to pick up the male.Money-dog has a place that I dream about.Beautiful pond out in front with woods loaded with deer out back.
My daughter decided to name the male-Fella.(bottom pic)

Attachments

• IMG_0758.JPG
    IMG_0758.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_0756.JPG
    IMG_0756.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 195
``````````````````````````Rabbit Tracks Ever where```````````````>

Once you get that Hound Dog Music, in your blood!! You can't seem to ever get over it ??

Nice looking pups, now the fun starts, gotta get them to chasing rabbits, and Only rabbit!!

Be sure to let them know, we only want to run Rabbits, very important, first step!

Good Luck, and Keep Looking Up!

D.R.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>

Jody Hawk

Once you get that Hound Dog Music, in your blood!! You can't seem to ever get over it ??

Amen DR !!!!!!!!!!! I ain't shot my bow one time this summer and deer season is less than two weeks away. All I want to do is take the girls out and let em run. Jeff, you need to invest in a set of shock collars. They're a must these days while training beagle pups and keeping them off deer imo. :huh:

Jeff Raines

Amen DR !!!!!!!!!!! I ain't shot my bow one time this summer and deer season is less than two weeks away. All I want to do is take the girls out and let em run. Jeff, you need to invest in a set of shock collars. They're a must these days while training beagle pups and keeping them off deer imo. :huh:

Already been looking at the shockers,and the prices are shocking.

Daddy Rabbit
I was perplexed as to how I was gonna build a stand for the barrel doghouses,Until I seen your website.Went and bought chain and eyebolts today.
Just got through setting the corner posts for the kennel

Retired Army Guy

Collar Clinic is some good folks, they're up in Michigan not far from where I grew up. Great customer service.

I always put a collar on mine when they're running outside of a controlled environment. (Running pen) You just never know what they might come across these days...Deer, Fox, Coyote, Bobcat, Raccoon, Opossum the list is endless. It might only take one dog to say "hmmm.... I ain't never smelled this before think Ill chase it!" and your entire day/week-end maybe week is ruined! Get the best collar you can afford. A lot of the cheaper ones the dogs will flinch a bit and keep on going! Ive learned all these lessons the hard way hopefully I can help some one not make the mistakes I made.

A starting pen for pups and a larger running pen for adults helps immensely getting your dogs started and keeping them in shape and thinking only rabbits. It may take some home work finding one in your area but they are well worth the effort.

Your going to have a blast! Running these beagles is one of the funnest things Ive done in years!!!!!!!!!!

BoxCallWillie

Nice lookin pups Jeff
You'll love it once they get going on rabbits
Its easy to let them spoil you when their pups :bounce:
Good info given to you before me from all the guys.

Do try to find you a puppy pen , you have time now.
keep up with their shots, worming and a good diet
im sure you will, you'll love it .

Jeff Raines

Thanks guys
It's been fun watching them explore the yard.My yard consists of woods,kudzu,and drainage easment.
The female is checking out everything,going thru the thickest stuff.My daughter got worried yesterday,she thought bellah got stuck in a brushpile

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
looks good jeff, IF you ever get them chasing maybe I will have to swing by for some wabbit stew:D

Jeff Raines

Sonds good Jim...............if you help kill'em and clean'em too:bounce:
Kennel is halfway done,gotta put the roof up next.

Attachments

• IMG_0763.JPG
    IMG_0763.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 120

Jeff Raines

Be prepared. They're going to dig.

It's funny,I've got a half beagle/half fiest in another pen.He gets up on the feeder and is halfway out,holes in the fence for him to go under.But he will not leave the pen,excpt through the gate.
He's just a gun shy biscuit eater,why are they the ones that don't leave

Jody Hawk

Be prepared. They're going to dig.

Dave,
Mine only dig in one spot and that's where I spill water when I'm watering them. The ground is damp and cool and they like to dig and lay in the loose dirt when it's hot. We had bird dogs years ago that I'd have sworn was trying to dig to China. :bounce:

BoxCallWillie

It's funny,I've got a half beagle/half fiest in another pen.He gets up on the feeder and is halfway out,holes in the fence for him to go under.But he will not leave the pen,excpt through the gate.
He's just a gun shy biscuit eater,why are they the ones that don't leave

LOL .. He's got it made, why should he leave
heck you toss him biscuits water and feed him...
He dont have to work for his keep
Remeind me of someones son I know :bounce: :bounce: