just returned from AUTUMN OAKS

bad mojo

just got back home this am. got to pleasure hunt some treed a few coons but it is extremly dry up north won my cast on sat. nite placed in the top 20 nothing special had 250 + points but i must say i have coon hunted snice i was a boy and the conditions were as bad as i have seen. and to win this hunt with over 1600 + points well i just dont know bout that. coons were walkin at 4 or 5 in the pm and before daylite my step son guided and we turned out at 9 and we hit cold tracks so what can you say i did the best i could with what we had

NEGA

I agree with you regarding that score! I hesitate to say it can't be done but that's scoring 8 coons in 2 hours. You also have to consider time walking to the tree, shining the tree with leaves on and seeing the coon in each tree. I know she put up a big number at the Winter Classic (1100 I think) but all of the dogs withdrew on that cast and she hunted by herself.

I'm sure she is a fine hound. I would love to be on a cast with that many coons to score. Living in Ga all my life, I just can't imagine that many coons.

GA DAWG

I agree with you regarding that score! I hesitate to say it can't be done but that's scoring 8 coons in 2 hours. You also have to consider time walking to the tree, shining the tree with leaves on and seeing the coon in each tree. I know she put up a big number at the Winter Classic (1100 I think) but all of the dogs withdrew on that cast and she hunted by herself.

I'm sure she is a fine hound. I would love to be on a cast with that many coons to score. Living in Ga all my life, I just can't imagine that many coons.
We all know MOUSE could have scored 1600 up there :rofl: but the winning score of 1750 is crazy..I'd like to see Big Mamma go.. Congrats on the cast win Mojo.....

Arrow3

Its always been that way...The big UKC hunts are almost always bought out...

bad mojo

thanks ya,ll and heck yea it was big fun a poor nite coon huntin is still better than a good day at work. but i am not going to slow down as it starts getting cooler i am going to wear the nite hunts out i need a 3rd or better to make old squeaky a nite champion and plan on doing that with a quickness --------------------------------- . P.S. ga dawg my stepson said for you to get a 3 or 4 day pass and for us to come on up to OHIO and he would put us on some amish farmsand let us take some yankee coons. i also have a freind that has 4000 ac. in macon co that has a coon problem they are cleaning out his deer feeders we need to make a trip down when the season opens and clean house for him

GA DAWG

thanks ya,ll and heck yea it was big fun a poor nite coon huntin is still better than a good day at work. but i am not going to slow down as it starts getting cooler i am going to wear the nite hunts out i need a 3rd or better to make old squeaky a nite champion and plan on doing that with a quickness --------------------------------- . P.S. ga dawg my stepson said for you to get a 3 or 4 day pass and for us to come on up to OHIO and he would put us on some amish farmsand let us take some yankee coons. i also have a freind that has 4000 ac. in macon co that has a coon problem they are cleaning out his deer feeders we need to make a trip down when the season opens and clean house for him
I been just south of Macon co since thursday..You talk about HOT!!!!!! We will have to wait on a few frosts for me to go down there...I'll see what I can come up with on the ohio hunt..

tree daddy 7

Congrats on your cast win,glad you had a safe trip.WE have missed you at the club.We are having a u.k.c hunt oct 10 bring ole squckey down and go huntin with us.

bad mojo

thanks Bud , and i will be there . i miss all my ole buddy,s too. see ya,ll soon

waterdogs

I went on UKC web sight looking up stuff for a hunt test with labs, and saw something about autumn Oaks on there.